You have to be able to pass to win a state title

blazer1set

The real winner in high school is the team with the best athletes! It doesn't work in college because most teams are able to match up with athletes against other teams. If you notice Maryville threw quite a bit, because their opponent was able to match up with them. With the exception of CPA vs Alcoa & Maryville vs Ravenwood....the other 4 games, the winner just had better athletes across the board.

Knox West had better athletes than Hillsboro?? Definitely not.. Their O was the kryptonite to Hillsboro.. Plain and simple

Trezevant & Fulton had similar athletes as well

When I said athletes I was also referring to the lineman. They are athletes too. Hillsboro could not match up with West. Fulton had a better team than Trezevant...I think Trezevant played great & their coaching staff had them prepared.

I think the Burros beat West 7 out of 10 times.. West caught a break with the wind and rain as the Burros were more of a passing team. West was the better team that night though

I think the Burros beat West 7 out of 10 times.. West caught a break with the wind and rain as the Burros were more of a passing team. West was the better team that night though

Funny, during the season Hillsboro was a "running" team and because they lose the SC game it was because they were a passing team. I think West just plain dominated. How much time did they take off the clock towards the end just pounding it at that GREAT Hillsboro defense that only gave up approximately 7 points a game in the playoffs?

West didn't catch a break in 2013 when it was wet and cold.

Edited by Knoxvul

Funny, during the season Hillsboro was a "running" team and because they lose the SC game it was because they were a passing team. I think West just plain dominated. How much time did they take off the clock towards the end just pounding it at that GREAT Hillsboro defense that only gave up approximately 7 points a game in the playoffs?

West didn't catch a break in 2013 when it was wet and cold.

Hillsboro QB threw for over 2,000 yards in 2014 and signed with TSU. They were definitely not just a running team

Hillsboro QB threw for over 2,000 yards in 2014 and signed with TSU. They were definitely not just a running team

Not doubting you at all. Just going by what all the CoachT experts stated. West also had a 1900 yard rusher to go along with 1000 passing. Another 1900 yard rusher to top it.