Maryville has not lost since 8/26/2010 (reg season)

blazer1set

Maryville has had plenty of opportunities the last few years to take a loss during the regular season but they made the decision not to play some of the top teams in the Southeast or USA.

I want you to listen on this one, When I was at Maryville High we were regarded as one of the best two or three teams in the state back in 1975 and so was Middlesboro in the State of Kentucky. We went to their place to play and got a royal home cooking by the officials and from that time forward I'm a firm believer that you stay within your state lines to play football if your wanting to play a fair game. On that trip home that night we all knew in our hearts we won that game and was cheated by grown men that should be ashamed of their selves. I've seen and heard of so many other teams from Tennessee that have went through the same ordeal as we did that night. When you cross the state line you better be far more superior than the team your facing to even have a chance. I know personally how it feels to have went somewhere to play a game we had no business playing in order to serve the curiosities of the naysayers that dare you to do it. 

I want you to listen on this one, When I was at Maryville High we were regarded as one of the best two or three teams in the state back in 1975 and so was Middlesboro in the State of Kentucky. We went to their place to play and got a royal home cooking by the officials and from that time forward I'm a firm believer that you stay within your state lines to play football if your wanting to play a fair game. On that trip home that night we all knew in our hearts we won that game and was cheated by grown men that should be ashamed of their selves. I've seen and heard of so many other teams from Tennessee that have went through the same ordeal as we did that night. When you cross the state line you better be far more superior than the team your facing to even have a chance. I know personally how it feels to have went somewhere to play a game we had no business playing in order to serve the curiosities of the naysayers that dare you to do it. 

I'd still love to see Knoxville or Chattanooga area teams play teams from North-Northwest Georgia. I think that would be very interesting.

Maryville has had plenty of opportunities the last few years to take a loss during the regular season but they made the decision not to play some of the top teams in the Southeast or USA.

Step up to the plate and donate the difference in the financial end of this complaint.  Maryville has three non district games.  Alcoa, Fulton & Heriage.  They will not give up Alcoa for any reason. It's the longest rivalry in the Southeast.  Everyone complained about not having a Maryville vs Fulton.  Now we do.  So that leaves Heritage.  If you will donate the gate loss and the travel expense, I believe I can help make your wish come true.  Mail the check to QB club, 825 Lawrence Ave.

Edited by OldRebel2

Will anybody be able to take the Rebels out this year?      DB, Science Hill, Alcoa, how about it, are you guys up to the task?      Fulton, you have wanted a shot at Maryville for a while now, what are you going to do with this game?

If I were going to put money on any team,it would be Fulton {+ 15 } for maybe 25 cents.In other words,it's possible but not probable.

I don't think Fulton will have much for Maryville this year. I'm aware Fulton reloads, but they still lost so much. I do think Fulton will still manage to give Maryville one of their better regular season games. I really wish this game could of been played last year. It would of been very entertaining.

Maryville won't lose in the regular season, nor will they be challenged seriously. They have the best coach and the best players year in, year out in ET. That is why they rarely have a competitive game until semifinals or finals of playoffs. It really is as simple as that.

I agree with you about having the best coaching staff not just in ET but in the entire state and one of the top ones in the whole South. I don't agree that they have the best players year in and year out. (Not trying to take anything away from the players either). They are an Ultimate TEAM! They know every single play exactly were to go and have trust in their teammates to be were they are suppose to be. They are the smartest football team on the field every time they play.

You can take pretty much any play on a Maryville game film and say look at what this kid or that kid is doing.On any Rebel run or pass play,I guarantee you that most every Maryville player on the field is trying to block someone.Not a lot of standing around because they know there are players with skill ready for their turn to shine.