How will the first touchdown be scored by Maryville against Heritage?

BigDave1967

I remember when OR changed their helmet from my avatar (the traditional oval OR logo that we have had since the 60's) to the inter-locking OR we wore for one year under Coach Blade I and a bunch of old time OR fans about lost it lol. Don't know why, but with a traditional school like OR a little logo like that is such a big deal. It's our identity I guess. It was like Green Bay or the Chicago Bears changing their logo. I know it probably sounds silly to a lot of folks, but it holds a lot of meaning to a lot of folks in OR. Thankfully, when Gaddis got here he changed it right back. Said he couldn't imagine coaching an OR team without the traditional logo on the helmet. Probably sounds silly to a lot of folks, but just how it is here.

Good that Coach Gaddis did

You feel the same way I do and I remember playing Oak Ridge and they changed their helmets that year and I thought I was seeing things. Now that Maryville has had the same black helmets since 1992 I believe I would hate to see a change again also since such a winning tradition has came along since. I'm trying to think of other schools that have stayed with the same tradition as Maryville and Oak Ridge.

Definitely understand where you're coming from. Yeah 2012 just didn't look like the OR I knew growing up. It was weird. Gallatin, Riverdale (as far as I can recall), Farragut , Dobyns-Bennett, Bearden, and McMinn County are some of the schools who have always kept the same logo as far as I can remember.

Definitely understand where you're coming from. Yeah 2012 just didn't look like the OR I knew growing up. It was weird. Gallatin, Riverdale (as far as I can recall), Farragut , Dobyns-Bennett, Bearden, and McMinn County are some of the schools who have always kept the same logo as far as I can remember.

McMinn Co and Bearden have changed their logos and helmets.
  • Upvote 1

I really liked Ridge's flag logo he came out with last year and hope they keep using it on the helmets. The only thing I would change is have navy blue helmets instead of White and make the flags orange instead of blue. I think that would look sharp.

I didn't care for the oversized flag. There is a sword with a flag attached to it that has a WB with two swords under it.

I didn't care for the oversized flag. There is a sword with a flag attached to it that has a WB with two swords under it.

I just saw a really cool decal on someones truck the other day. It had the retro interlocking W and B over the swords. I thought that was really cool.