Marion County football 2015

Indian

Wasn't much of a scrimmage, more of a practice. Sequatchie stopped Marion on the ground eventhough Marion had to wait on Sequatchie in the huddle. Marion hit several big pass plays. Sequatchie didnt move the ball much at all on offense. New QB was 2-5 passing with a INT. Bright spot for Sequatchie continues to be the LB's, all over the field with big hits.

Edited by Omniscience

Sequatchie LB's are beast! It will be hard to move ball on ground against them unless you have a lot speed. Offense is not very good right now. My opinion Sequatchie is in an offense that will struggle all year. The biggest thing I seen from the scrimmage is exactly what I believed. Marion misses Z train bad! Both sides ball. People will see exactly how much he meant to Marion.

Seq run defense looked pretty good. Will be hard to move it on them unless you can throw. They gave up several big pass plays. Seq didn't move it much except the last drive. 21 or 12, the rb for seq looked tough. Marion defense looked good. # 6 played pretty dirty but overall was a good practice. Marion isn't as good as most people think they will be. They have a lot of work to do.

After tonight I question if we will live up to the hype. Defensively we are very sound.... Offensively struggled to run up the middle or at all for that matter.. But it is hard to get any kind of rhythm when you only get ten plays an can't run at our pace

Edited by mc51

Not awful results on offense for Sequatchie. Very rough numbers-13-65 rushing in varsity after 0 yards in first 3 attempts. 2-4 passing for about 40 yards. 1 pass dropped. Intercepted pass was out there for the reciever 30 yards downfield but the defender just made a better play for it.

Rush defense held Marion to negative total. Pass defense allowed too much. The positive, some of the passes, the defender was there but didn't see the ball until it was too late. Some of the DBs havent played for a while or not anyin high school, but they will get good coaching and make the most of some pretty good athletic ability. Long TD pass was a fluke play when some of the defense stopped and the WR was able to stop, turn and catch the ball like a punt before going 40-50 more yards. I think the DE didnt know at that point if the QB was able to be tackled, whistle blew for QB in cross-the-field work at the start of the scrimmage/practice. Lots of work to do but against a pretty good team, not bad.

For Pete's sake fellers, the Warriors is still the team to beat in the valley. The Indians obviously played tougher than you Jasper would have liked. Old Pirate thought it would be more Jasper than Dunlap too. Points taken here, the Warriors miss having the big hoss back there but overall should provide plenty of scoring. Give credit to the Indians for perhaps dislodging some of them Rose Colored Glasses. OP says the kinfolkes will have plenty to gloat about in 2015.