JoeJuan Willams deemed ineligible by Tssaa

FBfan26

One of the state's top recruits have been deemed ineligible by the Tssaa. The kid played ball at Father Ryan but has moved into the Hendersonville zone. The Tssaa said that they don't release why kids are ineligible anymore because of personal information. What is your guys take on this? I say Let the kid play

Edited by FBfan26

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People always talk about how to make High School football in Tennessee more competitive with surrounding states! 

Making one of the top players in the country and possibly the #1 player in your state ineligible because he is going from a Private school to a Public school isn't one of them!

Like I said TSSAA does some stupid stuff like back in the day they wouldn't let I think it was Sonny Gray play in a National High School All-Star game.  I think they said if he did he would forfeit his Senior year eligibility. 

I'm sure there is a few more that I can't think off right now.

People always talk about how to make High School football in Tennessee more competitive with surrounding states!

Making one of the top players in the country and possibly the #1 player in your state ineligible because he is going from a Private school to a Public school isn't one of them!

Like I said TSSAA does some stupid stuff like back in the day they wouldn't let I think it was Sonny Gray play in a National High School All-Star game. I think they said if he did he would forfeit his Senior year eligibility.

+1.....and if he left say Hendersonville and enrolled at CPA, bet he would be playing. Don't see how the other way around he wouldnt be able to.

Like I said TSSAA does some stupid stuff like back in the day they wouldn't let I think it was Sonny Gray play in a National High School All-Star game.  I think they said if he did he would forfeit his Senior year eligibility. 

Everyone has the same rules doesnt matter how much of a recruit you are.Raw deal but he should have known the rules.

Everyone has the same rules doesnt matter how much of a recruit you are.Raw deal but he should have known the rules.

I agree 100%. It is definitely a shame that he can't showcase his talents but at some level there should be personal accountability. If the rule was in place and he made his decision anyway it is what it is. Life is about choices.