Week 0: Oakdale @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Packer had it at your place on Thursday night, then 10news2 on Friday night at GB. Regardless, I was glued to the set on the Thursday game and up late the following year on Friday night after our game. I could care less about being on TV, but that game is a good one, especially with the new region and implications on that game.

I agree it doesnt get much better!!

Sorry bluedevil, I've still got a bad taste in my mouth about that visitors locker room message that your principal refuses to paint over. Wish you guys the best, Pace should be a difference maker for you guys. Kid is a stud.

you've made up for it with the butt whippings over the years. Besides its just motivation every time you guys come to Harriman, and it shows.

Interesting insight.....and I agree with you Crow.  I know I've put in writing more than once on this board that IT IS WHAT IT IS.  Everybody straps it up and away we go.  It almost upon us, boys!

Kaz

I agree that The Grace mess is extremely unfair and I also agree that its a TSSAA thing. But where I differ from some people is that I don't think everything at Grace is on the up and up. You just don't hear all the strange stuff that happens at Grace at all these other Private schools. Its more of an athletic magnet than a Christian school. I could be totally wrong but I don't believe the tuition for all these transfers have actually been paid for by the kids families. Pride and the other Grace supporters want to believe its all good but they have absolutely no way of knowing what really takes place. They defended the Williams deal until the real truth came out. No one has ever told the truth about the Wanamaker situation. The 2 Inman kids was extremely suspicious CAK has done quite a bit better and you don't hear all these strange things happening there. I'm sure they get lots of transfers but its usually in grade school. Grace has been blessed with umpteen transfer QB's. I'm not sure if any of their resent QB's actually started school at Grace. But  it really don't matter because it all comes out in the wash and there is always poetic justice. I'm a FIRM believer that when you do things the right way ,you will be rewarded and when you go against what you know is right, its gonna bite you in the rear end. All this being said, I think private schools are a great option for lots of people and I;m sure Grace has ton's of Great Kids. I'm not in the least against these kids,but I sure don't like or trust the school.

Just so you know Pujo.....intuition is a powerful thing.  I don't think anything your saying doesn't have merit.  I'd say Grace has been either incredibly lucky or incredibly smart to avoid anything other than the one ruling against them.  If your intuition is correct then eventually somewhere someone will make a mistake and we'll see what chips fall.  I would think the TSSAA has got eyes and ears all over the state in some capacity.  If you play by the sword long enough your eventually going to get cut.

Kazzalooza 

Just so you know Pujo.....intuition is a powerful thing.  I don't think anything your saying doesn't have merit.  I'd say Grace has been either incredibly lucky or incredibly smart to avoid anything other than the one ruling against them.  If your intuition is correct then eventually somewhere someone will make a mistake and we'll see what chips fall.  I would think the TSSAA has got eyes and ears all over the state in some capacity.  If you play by the sword long enough your eventually going to get cut.

Kazzalooza 

No one ever gets by with anything in the long run, If you do the right thing ,it'll always come out for the best,  and visa versa.

Kazzalooza 

Its like building a house Kaz, When the foundation is built on junk,its eventually gonna fall. They were breaking the rules to jump start the program, the foundation is still the same one. I doubt they ever get the Gold ball until they start all over.

I'm with y'all in thinking that there are plenty of ways someone could help pay a kids way without anyone getting caught but it could also happen without the school knowing as well. At least to some level anyway. How easy would it be for someone to give mommy or daddy a job and it just so happens the annual bonus is remarkably similar to annual tuition to a given school. No way to see that and is there actually anything illegal with that so long as there are no actual school officials involved directly. Yes it would be inappropriate but at the same time is it not my right as a business owner to hire who I want and pay them what I choose given it is above the federal minimum wage? I have no reason to suspect GCA or any other school of such activity but I'm also not naive enough to believe it doesn't happen. This is only 1 of a multitude of scenarios that could play out at any private school with the means and desire to do such.

That being said is the school responsible for the actions of an individual not directly employ by them? I think this is known as plausible deniability in the political and corporate worlds. If there are enough degrees of separation can anyone prove anyone knew anything? This is the essence of my issue with the TSSAA's current system. That and the useless multiplier that really only bumps up one class regardless of what the numbers are. But there again it's the rules that the governing body sets forth. As I said before public schools could opt out of TSSAA play just as easily as privates opt into D-1. It would be hugely expensive and inconvenient. That and it would end with no possibility of any sort of recognized champion but it's an option. It just isn't a very attractive option for most.

Edited by crow

I can tell you this......there is/was a tremendous amount of cash thrown into this program.  There is nothing illegal or underhanded about the gifts that the GCA athletic teams have acquired.  Anyone in their right mind would recognize the allure those facilities have to prospective student athletes.  The facilities alone are as good or comparable to any other facility in East Tennessee.  Other schools that can fund construction are surely taking note and probably initiating investments towards upgrading or risk falling behind.  Oh I've heard that all the projects up there are being done with "fundraising" and donations....but I can't recall the last time I was involved in a school related fundraiser that netted any more than a thousand dollars or so.  We are definitely talking at least high six figures minimum.....and I'm probably low in my estimate too.  It works for the State School down the road (UT).  I'm not gonna call them cheaters until they have been caught in the act (even though they have been once)(I know,,,,years ago and the administrators are all gone), maybe then Pujo will get his justice. 

Kaz

We are blessed with families that have funded numerous projects. Are those projects to throw it in the face of schools that are less fortunate (by way of facilities), no. We charge tuition and parents that pay for 2,3 or more kids to go to school there expect certain amenities. Our coaching staffs (all sports) and administration has done a great job fundraising. Yes, it's A LOT easier when the funds are within your school. I understand that. The post above wreaks of jealousy and I believe that is beneath even you, professor. I said it earlier, you don't have to worry about playing us in football anymore, so we'll stay outta your way :)

We are blessed with families that have funded numerous projects. Are those projects to throw it in the face of schools that are less fortunate (by way of facilities), no. We charge tuition and parents that pay for 2,3 or more kids to go to school there expect certain amenities. Our coaching staffs (all sports) and administration has done a great job fundraising. Yes, it's A LOT easier when the funds are within your school. I understand that. The post above wreaks of jealousy and I believe that is beneath even you, professor. I said it earlier, you don't have to worry about playing us in football anymore, so we'll stay outta your way :)

And you have wealthy people who could easily pay tuition for a good athlete. Its really not that hard to hide. I'm not sure if you are cheating or not but if you ever get caught,it will come from someone from within.I'm sure you have kids who have been there for several years and they are on the border line of getting to actually play. In comes transfers and to the bench it is. I sure wouldn't want my kid in that situation. Thats really sorta sad.