Oakland- Hoover

hardtackle

Couple of observations:

1.) Cool it on the hot takes: You guys do realize Oakland Blackman not only were facing 2 of the top programs in the country, but were also doing it while replacing about 10 college signees from each team? You guys make bama and auburn fans look tame in comparison when your ready to crucify both Coaching staff's after losses to nationally ranked teams. Oakland and Blackman could have scheduled teams from this area, won by 2-3 touchdowns and nobody would have said a word, but that's not how you get better.

2.) These 2 programs just replaced two wildly successful coaches as well as changing their offensive philosophies from those coaches. They weren't going to come out guns blazing. Both these teams have wildly successful feeder programs, which will guarantee sustained success once the program has adapted to their new coaching staffs

3.) These coaches aren't in over their heads at this point because there is no way you can accurately determine that after one game. These teams will be fine and while not as good as they were last year, they will still win at a successful rate because 6A football for the most part is very mediocre

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant compare these two program in anyway other than they are high school. Open enrollment in Alabama allows you to send your kid to any school you want as long as you will to pay the fee. Thus the over 300 kids trying out at Hoover each year. Just imagine if one of the Rutherford County teams with a top program had open enrollment and the rest didnt. Youd have every kid who was a player lining up to pay their fee and attend. I understand why the chamber of commerce is seeking the Hoover's of the world to come to the classic. Its all about the $$$$. The only problem with that is if these team continue to come in and bet the snot out of the local county team, the local will stop attending. They need to seek out like schools and like talent..

Don't think you can get people to come out for 'mediocre Kentucky team' to play 'mediocre Rutherford County team'.  I went to the game Saturday night to see Hoover and C-C, not Oakland and Blackman. 

But yes, I think we need those kinds of teams to come in and play Maryville, MBA, Whitehaven, others, or Rutherford County schools.  We just need to do a better job of finding schools that will be at the top of their game. Blackman, especially, wasn't a good choice.  Oakland played pretty well and definitely didn't embarrass themselves.

Couple of observations:

1.) Cool it on the hot takes: You guys do realize Oakland Blackman not only were facing 2 of the top programs in the country, but were also doing it while replacing about 10 college signees from each team? You guys make bama and auburn fans look tame in comparison when your ready to crucify both Coaching staff's after losses to nationally ranked teams. Oakland and Blackman could have scheduled teams from this area, won by 2-3 touchdowns and nobody would have said a word, but that's not how you get better.

2.) These 2 programs just replaced two wildly successful coaches as well as changing their offensive philosophies from those coaches. They weren't going to come out guns blazing. Both these teams have wildly successful feeder programs, which will guarantee sustained success once the program has adapted to their new coaching staffs

3.) These coaches aren't in over their heads at this point because there is no way you can accurately determine that after one game. These teams will be fine and while not as good as they were last year, they will still win at a successful rate because 6A football for the most part is very mediocre

I'd say that based on the jamboree and this first game that it's definitely valid to wonder how successful these coaches will be.  Too early to judge but definitely a basis to have concern.

Couple of observations:

I agree MTF. As for Blackman once Shad was gone It didn't matter who got the job they were going to facing a tremendous uphill battle. I watched the huddle on Clay and bottom line they were simply good. The QB to me was the x-factor and I don't think Blackman will face anyone else this year that is that polished. Clay had set a state record last year for points scored in a season and I think after what I saw that record may be in jeopardy. They reminded me of Siegal from a few years back.

As for Oakland I thought they would a have a shot because of the athleticism and Hoover a graduated 15 starters from last years team.

I'd say both teams players and coaches have some adjusting to do.

I agree both are going to be OK, not great but OK. Only time will tell. :popcorneater:

I agree with you. Most everyone I know thought both games would not go so well for the Murfreesboro teams. No need to feel bad though they held up better than ensworrh this year. Most of us knew all 3 would be down this year versus last. CPA- MBA and BA showed up though and BA has a chance to show up again against Trinity this week at BA. Both teams ranked top 80 nationally in the HSFB 100 - Dallas Jackson puts out .

Don't think you can get people to come out for 'mediocre Kentucky team' to play 'mediocre Rutherford County team'. I went to the game Saturday night to see Hoover and C-C, not Oakland and Blackman.

But yes, I think we need those kinds of teams to come in and play Maryville, MBA, Whitehaven, others, or Rutherford County schools. We just need to do a better job of finding schools that will be at the top of their game. Blackman, especially, wasn't a good choice. Oakland played pretty well and definitely didn't embarrass themselves.

I think a big reason for the lack of competition was the fact that the head coaches left. Even with the amount of athletes that left each program. Bad timing for that to happen. If both coaches were still in place I think a we are singing a different tune. Blackman and Oakland would have still lost but it would have been closer. Especially in the case of the Blackman/Hoover game. To many variables changed over the off season for these two games to be the measuring stick. However I don't know if next season will be any better. Oakland and Blackman get to go again if I read the article on the DNJ correctly.

I agree with you. Most everyone I know thought both games would not go so well for the Murfreesboro teams. No need to feel bad though they held up better than ensworrh this year. Most of us knew all 3 would be down this year versus last. CPA- MBA and BA showed up though and BA has a chance to show up again against Trinity this week at BA. Both teams ranked top 80 nationally in the HSFB 100 - Dallas Jackson puts out .

BA/Trinity, that might be a good game to see Friday night.

Hoover knows better than to schedule Maryville

just in case you are not sure the size of that bubble your livin in; do a little research on the schedules of each team and see who is willing to take on big competition and who is not......Booger aint denying how good Maryville is inside the state of TN........facts & reality may allow you to shed just a bit of that Bias

Booger just sayin balloon%20burst.gif