GCA at Jefferson County

gcapride

Now pujo I can tell you at this point EVERYTHING IS SCRUTINIZED. I mean closely! I was there playing at the time most of this went down. It broke my heart whatever went down. They paid for it and it's done and over with. If you think the TSSAA isn't paying attention you're wrong. If there is really something going on it would have been discovered by now. It's almost been 6 years. My youngest brother is a senior now and he's the last Green boy to play at GCA. Yes there are a few transfers, but there are several families with multiple kids that make up the team. I could list off family names that had been playing there since the school was founded. I thought we had burried the hatchet. There is no way the school would risk the death penalty for all Athletics for players. It's just not happening.

You are right,its the TSSAA byt you take advantage in every possible way.

Play within the rules, but let the rules work for you, not against you. That's just smart business. Take advantage of the box you are put inside and get every possible advantage you can without stepping outside the box. Again, that's just smart.

The kid from Maryville that transferred was ruled eligible yesterday but they went through the right procedures and I know for a fact that that football was last on the list of priorities but going to a good school was. I've heard his parents tell me he has two classes with six or less students in the class. I'm very happy for him going from a big pond to a small pond where everyone will know each other like it was back in my day at Maryville. When I was there at Maryville the school had less than 500 students but now the school is approaching 1,600 which is a shark tank. I also want to say when he approached GQ this spring during workouts and told him his dad was taking another job that he told him he was welcome to stay as part of the team until the day he had to go and also wrote the TSSAA a letter recommending they let him play for GCA which was great. GQ is a very good man and helped out where most coaches want to be a jerk and give a kid grief even if it is out of their control. 

Now pujo I can tell you at this point EVERYTHING IS SCRUTINIZED. I mean closely! I was there playing at the time most of this went down. It broke my heart whatever went down. They paid for it and it's done and over with. If you think the TSSAA isn't paying attention you're wrong. If there is really something going on it would have been discovered by now. It's almost been 6 years. My youngest brother is a senior now and he's the last Green boy to play at GCA. Yes there are a few transfers, but there are several families with multiple kids that make up the team. I could list off family names that had been playing there since the school was founded. I thought we had burried the hatchet. There is no way the school would risk the death penalty for all Athletics for players. It's just not happening.

You wouldn't even know if they were cheating, I'm sure you didn't know they cheated the other time.  Some very fishy stuff has went on and who know's  who actually paid the tuition. And yes you do get A FEW transfers. I'd say at least half the starters were transfers at one point. Its the private way and you guys do it to the max. I'm sure you got more transfers this year than our school would get in 10. You have to admit thats a HUGE advantage. At least you're brother is a true Ram. 

Probably ban the rebel flag up there too don't ya

LOL Noooooot hardly!

Cant find a truck without that flag blowing from a bed post...Heck, we have vendors set up on the side of the road selling every kind, shape, form of the rebel flag!

We're a very redneck type of "yankee" up here...If you buy into pride's claim of us being yankees

LOL Noooooot hardly!

Cant find a truck without that flag blowing from a bed post...Heck, we have vendors set up on the side of the road selling every kind, shape, form of the rebel flag!

We're a very redneck type of "yankee" up here...If you buy into pride's claim of us being yankees

I saw a Yankee one time you aint one.

The kid from Maryville that transferred was ruled eligible yesterday but they went through the right procedures and I know for a fact that that football was last on the list of priorities but going to a good school was. I've heard his parents tell me he has two classes with six or less students in the class. I'm very happy for him going from a big pond to a small pond where everyone will know each other like it was back in my day at Maryville. When I was there at Maryville the school had less than 500 students but now the school is approaching 1,600 which is a shark tank. I also want to say when he approached GQ this spring during workouts and told him his dad was taking another job that he told him he was welcome to stay as part of the team until the day he had to go and also wrote the TSSAA a letter recommending they let him play for GCA which was great. GQ is a very good man and helped out where most coaches want to be a jerk and give a kid grief even if it is out of their control. 

Why was there even a question Barney, did the family not move.

I saw a Yankee one time you aint one.

Hahaha! You got that right. Met him several times. He might not be a Yankee, but I can still say he's from up North.

Anybody have anything on the Patriots? I saw that former Carter coach Heath Woods is on staff. Good to see him coaching again.