Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

Wrong.They changed offense from spread to option and went with better runner.Just glad NU dont think crazy like everybody else

So essentially they told a 13 game starter from last year that he's no longer good enough to lead this team. That's flipping crazy. I've watched this kid play and he's definitely the one who needs to be leading this team again this season. Edited by YellowBall

If u can stop the run .. DB might struggle !! I think the passing game will get a lot better through the season , QB has strong arm !!

On the Gaddis tv show tonight he praised the DB defense.Said the line was really good and the whole d is really aggressive.Also said DB had really good run game.Just hope Oak Ridge can hang in there and make a game of it.

Wrong.They changed offense from spread to option and went with better runner.Just glad NU dont think crazy like everybody else

Nu is just polite. It's the coaches that are crazy.

The offensive coaches have $h!+ the bed for three years now. It is interesting that this offensive change and QB change did help give a reason to play a kid whose father did play for Coach Gaddis & has a few friends on staff, rather than a kid that went 12-1 as a first year starter. It is also interesting that last year #81 didn't get many offensive snaps, while other kids with fathers that were friends of the coaches did.

Feel free to tell me that I have issues again or that I should take it up with the coaches. However, what you cannot do is say that anything posted in the second paragraph is untrue.

That means he probably thinks OR can run on DB.

I have been impressed all week at how DB fans seem to know what Coach Gaddis is doing and thinking. Some DB posters are sure that OR "went vanilla" against Clinton because DB's coachers were at the game. Folks, Clinton is a good team and in some  aspects of the game a very good team.

If I were to give a Poster of the Week award it would go to NU Cat. He has shown a steady command of the QB situation and remained focused on the team. No wonder Logan is such a good leader.

My gut says playing DB in Kingsport will be too much for the Cats to overcome but my heart says stick with the mighty Wildcats. So my pick for this week is: 

OAK RIDGE        27

Kingsport             24

RWR

I have been impressed all week at how DB fans seem to know what Coach Gaddis is doing and thinking. Some DB posters are sure that OR "went vanilla" against Clinton because DB's coachers were at the game. Folks, Clinton is a good team and in some  aspects of the game a very good team.

If I were to give a Poster of the Week award it would go to NU Cat. He has shown a steady command of the QB situation and remained focused on the team. No wonder Logan is such a good leader.

My gut says playing DB in Kingsport will be too much for the Cats to overcome but my heart says stick with the mighty Wildcats. So my pick for this week is: 

OAK RIDGE        27

Kingsport             24

RWR

I think it would have been silly to go vanilla against Clinton just to have a big surprise against DB.I don't buy that.Clinton might have had a better game plan or is just a good team .DB is no more important then Clinton as far as a win goes.If I had to lose one game or the other,I'd rather lose to a 6A team then a much closer Clinton team if I were OR.I think DB will be prepared as best they can this week on both sides.I know what I would do if I were OR on offense and DB has some very smart defensive coaches thinking the same thing.The big money says use those big wides and quick passes if your Oak Ridge but I think your coach seen something and is throwing a smoke screen.I think he will try and run straight at DB's run blitz to start with.Pop one up the middle like WB did against DB back in around 96 or 97 on a blitz.I can see a screen pass or two and some quick pitches as well.Myself,I would use the good throwing QB and put the ball where nobody but those big guys could catch it.If I'm a DB defender,I'd make every hit count so those guys get alligator arms and don't give a 100% on trying to go up for the ball.

The offensive coaches have $h!+ the bed for three years now. It is interesting that this offensive change and QB change did help give a reason to play a kid whose father did play for Coach Gaddis & has a few friends on staff, rather than a kid that went 12-1 as a first year starter. It is also interesting that last year #81 didn't get many offensive snaps, while other kids with fathers that were friends of the coaches did.

Feel free to tell me that I have issues again or that I should take it up with the coaches. However, what you cannot do is say that anything posted in the second paragraph is untrue.

ORTT - your 2nd paragraph could be said about many high schools, in fact a lot of DB fans complain about the same thing.         DB posters on here like Batman and Waco call this "Kingsport's good ole boy system".      I think it goes on at Boone to some degree too, perhaps even most high schools.    Ah the politics.......

This is some of the funniest %^$&* I've heard regarding the QB situation.  Straight from a coach - Dunbar was asked a long time ago to move back to QB due to the offensive change.  His dad had nothing to do with it and doesn't speak to Gaddis. You guys must not think too highly of Gaddis if you think he is playing the politics game - why not do this last year?  Do you not think the kid earned a chance after the scrimmages? 

If you want to talk about politics, how about #1 Miner. Why has no one brought that up or are his relatives on here?

I think it would have been silly to go vanilla against Clinton just to have a big surprise against DB.

You're probably right, on the other hand here is another possible interpretation from "The Princess Bride" poison scene:       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPVEBAtwmg

Watch this and mentally create a metaphor where the poison is substituted for the OR/Clinton game