William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

I was doing the radio. The penalties were a big factor in that game but the penalties were deserved. Too much hitting and jawing after the whistle. Practice on Monday was not much fun. Passing game Friday night was VERY good. Running game was not. Defense really played well minus the one big play. But the 15 yard penalties made it difficult (own fault not refs). Shad is really an awesome fit for WB and he knows what it takes to turn programs around and I think he likes the challenge. Not many coaches do. Time will tell if he can pull it off but he is one of the few who can. Alcoa is big and they are good. If WB can catch a few breaks and clean up their mistakes from Friday they have a chance in this game. Regardless I AM PERSONALLY GLAD THR GAME IS BEING PLAYED. The schools are 10 minutes apart and the crowds are decent. It sure beats us playing Sevier County (1hour away) and Alcoa driving to Kentucky to play.

I was doing the radio. The penalties were a big factor in that game but the penalties were deserved. Too much hitting and jawing after the whistle. Practice on Monday was not much fun. Passing game Friday night was VERY good. Running game was not. Defense really played well minus the one big play. But the 15 yard penalties made it difficult (own fault not refs). Shad is really an awesome fit for WB and he knows what it takes to turn programs around and I think he likes the challenge. Not many coaches do. Time will tell if he can pull it off but he is one of the few who can. Alcoa is big and they are good. If WB can catch a few breaks and clean up their mistakes from Friday they have a chance in this game. Regardless I AM PERSONALLY GLAD THR GAME IS BEING PLAYED. The schools are 10 minutes apart and the crowds are decent. It sure beats us playing Sevier County (1hour away) and Alcoa driving to Kentucky to play.

Good post!

Good points etcoach. As good a fit as the govs believe he is, the new coach has alot of folks wanting to help and IMO he should let them. It's not a one man job.

It will be interesting to hear the quotes after the game - regardless of who wins. Even though two middle tn guys are the head coaches, this is still blount county football. Bragging rights and recruiting advantages. 

Give us another good call!