Johnson Co at Hampton....Week 2

uknoit2

Seems like alot of people in the area don't care for the Cyclones. Don't put me in that boat. I'm not a hater of any of our local teams.As far as Etown being ranked 5th, they don't rank themselves,Its the local media that vote for um. The media just needs to understand that the County schools are every bit as proud and have accomplished just as much as the Cyclones.

You're a better man than me, Pujo. I spend some time around several ex-Cyclone players and coaches. Granted most of them are from back in the day (late 70's and early 80's) but to hear little comments and such they make about all County schools really gets my BP up. Used to really fire me up when a couple of them were coaching at county schools (way after their "glory" years at ol' Betsy) and would talk about the current team (I'll be around them Saturday and will get 'em started and take notes!)

I want to think they are doing it just to get me fired up but I know better. I think most people from Ol' Betsy really believe they are superior and deserve more than county schools (Lawnman and a few others being the exceptions... y'all seem like good guys). 

I could care less if they win another game ever. 

You're a better man than me, Pujo. I spend some time around several ex-Cyclone players and coaches. Granted most of them are from back in the day (late 70's and early 80's) but to hear little comments and such they make about all County schools really gets my BP up. Used to really fire me up when a couple of them were coaching at county schools (way after their "glory" years at ol' Betsy) and would talk about the current team (I'll be around them Saturday and will get 'em started and take notes!)

I want to think they are doing it just to get me fired up but I know better. I think most people from Ol' Betsy really believe they are superior and deserve more than county schools (Lawnman and a few others being the exceptions... y'all seem like good guys). 

I really don't know lots of people down there and I'm never around them. I don't like the fact that they have SOOOOOOOO much more than our small county schools. But it is what it is and I'm happy where both my kids attend school.

I know everyone is expecting a Hampton win, I'm sure J C has other Ideas. They got beat last week and if thats not enough, they'd probably rather beat Hampton than just about anyone. We BETTER come to play.

What is going on at JC? They used to be a bit more solid. Been probably ten yrs since they had a really good team.. Is it just a cycle?

Edited by wingman10

You're a better man than me, Pujo. I spend some time around several ex-Cyclone players and coaches. Granted most of them are from back in the day (late 70's and early 80's) but to hear little comments and such they make about all County schools really gets my BP up. Used to really fire me up when a couple of them were coaching at county schools (way after their "glory" years at ol' Betsy) and would talk about the current team (I'll be around them Saturday and will get 'em started and take notes!)

I want to think they are doing it just to get me fired up but I know better. I think most people from Ol' Betsy really believe they are superior and deserve more than county schools (Lawnman and a few others being the exceptions... y'all seem like good guys).

I do know some Cyclone people that are like that and I don't know why and hate to hear they treat you like that and I promise you I respect every kid at all our schools that work there Butts off to get were they are on the football field.I will be pulling for you guys every time your team is playing and I respect you all.

and 'cteam comes out of the gate swinging!!! I've talked to lawnman and others about the attitude (of adults...senior adults and teachers!), especially at basketball games...I don't really care tho...They can act and talk anyway they want but that attitude changes in the real world USA when needing a job, needing to sell product to keep a job and so on.

Heck, lawnman will tell ya, as they all know, that their success in girls and boys basketball is because of Hampton coaching & know how...Thats just a fact

Holler at me

I do know some Cyclone people that are like that and I don't know why and hate to hear they treat you like that and I promise you I respect every kid at all our schools that work there Butts off to get were they are on the football field.I will be pulling for you guys every time your team is playing and I respect you all.

You sure you ain't an alumni of a local county school? B)

Hey, the way I look at it, if you're not significant, they don't talk about ya LOL

Edited by uknoit2