William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

I think this will be a much tougher game than most expect. WB is a pretty good team and their led by one of the best coaches in the state. They have home field advantage that's worth 7 points and you figure in another 7 from DB's customary 2 turnovers and 10 penalties for 100 yrds. and you have DB starting in a 14 point hole. I'm saying DB wins though. By a field goal late in the game.

DB wins...I think it will be by 14

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB has a chance against all the rest of the teams on the schedule not called Maryville. And they have a good chance against the teams not named DB and Maryville. 6 or 7 wins is not out of the question if we stay healthy.

The great thing is nomatter what,the playoffs wait for everyone.This gives teams a chance to work a lot of players and not worry about a few losses.Get hot at the end and make a run ..

The great thing is nomatter what,the playoffs wait for everyone.This gives teams a chance to work a lot of players and not worry about a few losses.Get hot at the end and make a run ..

For the Govs to have some success in the playoffs we have got to stay healthy and that will be hard to do because we only have about 48 players or so and no depth to speak of. If we can stay healthy I think we can win a playoff game or 2. But next year will be the year we can really have some success. Hopefully Shad can get some more bodies out there to give us more depth. And maybe Santa will bring us a few big linemen for Christmas.

The Dear Leader says the Indians from Kingsport won't find the Alnwick curtain to be a hospitable place to visit. The Dear Leader says the capitalist Indians will travel back up I-81 with a loss. Govs by 7

DeerEater can't be serious.  DB wins easily. 

Bounder beat me to it.  If DB fans thought Fridays refs were bad, just wait till you see the Blount County crew. 

Govs - if you want even a shadow of a chance of winning you better do the following:

1.  When you are on D keep somebody on #3, he will burn you with the quick pass/catch/and run.   He will catch right at or behind the LOS and they have good blocking set up downfield to spring him loose.

2.  When DB's QB runs the read option he is going to run it, almost never actually hands off, so don't fall for the fake, go directly for the QB.

3.  Oak Ridge never blitzed or anything special on a pass play, if you give DB's QB all day back there he will pick you apart, especially to #3.    So you better have at least a few blitz defenses ready.

4.  Unless you have some O linemen about the size of wooly mammoths then forget running in between the tackles, DB has really shored up the middle.

5.   Practice falling on loose balls because DB seems to have a case of the dropsies.

DB    34

WB   10