South Pitt. @ Marion Co. 9/11

PurplePower68

Yep........recon I agree with that.  During a post game inteview with a local station, Coach Ross said the difference in 2nd half was SP changed from an unexpected 1st half offense to one that MC had prepared for all week.  Coach Ross shrugged his shoulders, said little, and seemed to indicate when SP played what MC had prepared for all week, what did you expect would happen.  Imagine Vic had little choice but to change, what with the condition his players were in after half time.  I watched the Pirates walk off the field at half time; they were banged up plenty.  Failure to score just before half also had to hurt Pirate morale.  IMO, both coaches utilized their available talent well; MC's stable was just too full for SP to handle an entire game.  Will say this, there was light years difference in the overall effort displayed by the Pirates this year at MC than what was put forth last year at SP. 

Talked to a knowledgable football fan that said MC better enjoy this year cause Vic would put a real hurting on them next year down the road.  I said "Listen here little feller, that's a mighty bold statement to make considering the beat down MC has delivered two years running."  He proceeded to rattle off some player stats that backed his point up.  Maybe there's hope for SP soon.  All I know personally is MC is head and shoulders above the Pirates this year, mostly because of overall talent pool; same advantage SP held over MC for many recent years past.

Before the game talked to an MC coach.  Asked him if any mercy would be given SP tonight.  Final score reflects his answer.

MC dominance will last a few more years. We are a young team actually. We lose about 5 starters I think next year.

SP has demographics and economics working against them.  I have said this before and the skilletheads lose their minds when ever I bring it up.  The fact of the matter is that the days of SP competing with much less dominating MC are in all probability over. I say this sadly but if one is intellectually honest, the likelihood of the school even existing in a decade or two are slim.

Like it or not we all will be Marion County. In all honesty Whitwell has a higher probability of surviving the next 20 years than does SP and MC in their current state.  I have heard suggestions of a North and South Marion scenario simply because of the distances.

Personally I hope I am wrong, win or lose there is nothing like rivalry week along the Dixie Highway in Marion County.

Edited by rikberry

Yep........recon I agree with that. During a post game inteview with a local station, Coach Ross said the difference in 2nd half was SP changed from an unexpected 1st half offense to one that MC had prepared for all week. Coach Ross shrugged his shoulders, said little, and seemed to indicate when SP played what MC had prepared for all week, what did you expect would happen. Imagine Vic had little choice but to change, what with the condition his players were in after half time. I watched the Pirates walk off the field at half time; they were banged up plenty. Failure to score just before half also had to hurt Pirate morale. IMO, both coaches utilized their available talent well; MC's stable was just too full for SP to handle an entire game. Will say this, there was light years difference in the overall effort displayed by the Pirates this year at MC than what was put forth last year at SP.

Talked to a knowledgable football fan that said MC better enjoy this year cause Vic would put a real hurting on them next year down the road. I said "Listen here little feller, that's a mighty bold statement to make considering the beat down MC has delivered two years running." He proceeded to rattle off some player stats that backed his point up. Maybe there's hope for SP soon. All I know personally is MC is head and shoulders above the Pirates this year, mostly because of overall talent pool; same advantage SP held over MC for many recent years past.

Before the game talked to an MC coach. Asked him if any mercy would be given SP tonight. Final score reflects his answer.

No hope, you is hypnotized like little rikki. Fact is the SOS didnt have an answer for Griders game plan the first half. Injuries and depth were a key in second half. Now that peek man didnt come close to stopping them fellars either. All we been hearing is how great that SOS defence is. Oh yea tell the SOS to go over hut 2 today at practice. Them warriors goons have to cut down on the laundry. You think im joking but im not. Edited by Roy Dillard

No hope, you is hypnotized like little rikki. Fact is the SOS didnt have an answer for Griders game plan the first half. Injuries and depth were a key in second half. Now that peek man didnt come close to stopping them fellars either. All we been hearing is how great that SOS defence is. Oh yea tell the SOS to go over hut 2 today at practice. Them warriors goons have to cut down on the laundry. You think im joking but im not.

Defense was good enough to make you change your offense for the game. Halftime adjustments took care of that though.

No hope, you is hypnotized like little rikki. Fact is the SOS didnt have an answer for Griders game plan the first half. Injuries and depth were a key in second half. Now that peek man didnt come close to stopping them fellars either. All we been hearing is how great that SOS defence is. Oh yea tell the SOS to go over hut 2 today at practice. Them warriors goons have to cut down on the laundry. You think im joking but im not.

Let me ask you a question.  Are you ok? I garuntee you aint actin right. Seriously your character/persona is getting a little ragged lately. Perhaps you are too emotional right now to completely stay in character.  Maybe a short fake mad vacation would do you some good.  I don't want to tell you your business or question your interpretation of your own alter ego but I think you might want to tighten it up a bit.  As a friend I'd hate to see your stellar reputation sullied or tarnished. 

Edited by rikberry

Really.........LOPAO.... Yous got that snaulzer so for up the SOS behind you starting to yap out your poophole! Old Pirate ain't even joking a nary tad neither

Done got you so rattled that you can't even quote a reply right lol. All them points got your head spinning I reckon. You and Roy need to get you a gameplan. He's comparing Coach Ross to Coach Bellichek now. I reckon that's a good comparison. You know I aint jokin either. LPP68AO.....

Done got you so rattled that you can't even quote a reply right lol. All them points got your head spinning I reckon. You and Roy need to get you a gameplan. He's comparing Coach Ross to Coach Bellichek now. I reckon that's a good comparison. You know I aint jokin either. LPP68AO.....

Little Rikki, Old Pirate says you only wish you could rattle OP's cage, you ain't got even close. Question, what did The Captain do offensively that he hasn't ever done? Looking for the genius in you to learn us coacht fellers something!

Little Rikki, Old Pirate says you only wish you could rattle OP's cage, you ain't got even close. Question, what did The Captain do offensively that he hasn't ever done? Looking for the genius in you to learn us coacht fellers something!

Rattled enough that you don't even know who you're talking to. It's PP68. Get your glasses on. (Not those rose colored ones either.) Zzzzzzz......

I garuntee you I said if that Bellichek man knows what to correct he aint going to wait like the SOS does until halftime. I dont even care too much for that Bellichek man. If the SOS new what adjustments to make I garuntee you he wouldnt have waited..... Until halftime..By the way did the SOS go over hut 2 today? You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard