Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Isn't GP's QB a freshman?  How does he look?  I have heard great things about him and that he is going to be very good.

The starter does throw a good ball, but has made his mistakes.  In fairness, he doesn't have a lot of time to make decisions and has had a bad streak of dropped passes.   Our O-Line is young and he gets pressured pretty quickly.   He is going to be pretty good.  Our backup QB is also a freshman, and he isn't a slouch either.   We could use them both on the field at the same time in my opinion as the backup is pretty athletic and can make plays with the ball in his hands.  

The starter does throw a good ball, but has made his mistakes.  In fairness, he doesn't have a lot of time to make decisions and has had a bad streak of dropped passes.   Our O-Line is young and he gets pressured pretty quickly.   He is going to be pretty good.  Our backup QB is also a freshman, and he isn't a slouch either.   We could use them both on the field at the same time in my opinion as the backup is pretty athletic and can make plays with the ball in his hands.  

The night Portland scrimmaged them, you could tell the Freshman qb was going to be a quality player, but as you said, even in our scrimmage with Portland, he did not have very much time...Ive always liked GP, and if it had worked out for us, my son would be going there now after he left middle school, but it would have been for religious affiliation more than anything. But he wanted to play for his home town, I respect that too, considering what our football program has been through since his Freshman year. I wish GP all the best, and take care of our one Portland kid ya have on the team, even though he got there his jr year, great kid and parents. 

Anytime you start a freshman at any position it spells trouble. The only freshman To ever start at GP at any position was Keenan Reynolds QB this was several years ago.

partsunknown that is incorrect. CJ Laws started a couple of varsity games at quarterback as an 8 th grader the year after Keenan graduated.

Who is Pastor Edwards?

You are the only person who doesn't believe CPA recruits in football.

Then enlighten all of us on who these recruits are? That should be easy enough since you know and speak for Earth.

BTW if you're going to slander someone you should at least acknowledge he's a pastor.

Edited by Playerscoach

Who have I slandered? I have no Idea who Pastor Edwards is. On a different note, what are your thoughts on the AD over at your school?

"Speaking of DCA how is that recruiting funnel going with Scooter Edwards? He seems to bring in the best Donelson Middle school has to offer"

Does that help? Second time to make certain you see it.

Edited by Playerscoach

Sorry BigChief, not as familiar with Goodpasture as you. Is this person still at GP, if so I would believe he would be starting now if he was good enough to start in 8th grade.

He transferred to JP2 after his 8th grade year and had to sit as a freshman. I believe he is playing receiver there. He plays 3 sports.