Riverdale - Blackman First Region Challenge What Are The Keys To a Win?

warrior82dad

Let's give credit where credit is due. Although Riverdale has been in a downward spiral for years, this Blackman team made Riverdale look pretty bad too! Blackman's lines controlled the line of scrimmage all night long, which in turn allowed our backs to run inside throughout the game. Did Blackman even run outside the tackles with a RB at all? I don't think so, just a couple of QB keepers that went off tackle. That alone speaks volumes.

Eric was good, but it helped that he had the strongest O-lines in the state at R'dale. If you check the records R'dale had a finalist for Mr Football almost EVERY year. I don't remember C'ville EVER having one.

Cookeville did NOT have the weight program then that would have given him the same amount of yards he got at R'dale. Now that C'ville has a Rankin protégé they 'might' have it in the near future.

Oh you're right about all of that. We had a tiny antiquated weight room at that time & still played our home games at Tech. A great weight facility and program was actually started by Coach Joslin and has probably been upgraded a little more by Coach Maynord.

I'll just be honest it sucked to watch a kid grow up here then transfer to Riverdale and kick your tail. But I do understand it. Got everything he wanted out of the move. 2 state titles & 2 Mr. Footballs.

BTW LOD when did they start giving out the Mr Football award? I know we haven't had a finalist in the last 30 years but I could see Watson or Mack Brown being one in the late '60's. Or maybe even Juicy Locke in the 70's.

Edited by THE SQUAD

QB cannot throw because he does NOT have an O-line that can pass block!

What is sad is even LaVergne does not have any line players that have to play both ways.

O-line is exhausted even before the first quarter is finished. That is virtually NO conditioning.

Sure is very disappointing LOD! Conditioning was second to none! 

Kind of stunned. I have bashed a coach on coachT before. And wished I hadn't done it. It doesn't help anything. No good comes from it. It will have a bigger effect on players than coaches. I haven't said anything about all that has gone on with the Riverdale threads. I wouldn't say most of everything that has been said on here. But if I was a Riverdale fan I would be very concerned. Based on how the past few games have gone, especially the last game, I understand some of the frustration that has been vented here. I hope it comes from concern for the players. But I have said it in the past. Riverdale has multiple problems. But to lose like they did last night. Never saw that coming.

Kind of stunned. I have bashed a coach on coachT before. And wished I hadn't done it. It doesn't help anything. No good comes from it. It will have a bigger effect on players than coaches. I haven't said anything about all that has gone on with the Riverdale threads. I wouldn't say most of everything that has been said on here. But if I was a Riverdale fan I would be very concerned. Based on how the past few games have gone, especially the last game, I understand some of the frustration that has been vented here. I hope it comes from concern for the players. But I have said it in the past. Riverdale has multiple problems. But to lose like they did last night. Never saw that coming.

Stunned here as well milo118! This is all really about the kids! I am going to support the kids and try to encourage them. Thanks for your post! GO WARRIORS!

Eric was good, but it helped that he had the strongest O-lines in the state at R'dale. If you check the records R'dale had a finalist for Mr Football almost EVERY year. I don't remember C'ville EVER having one.

Cookeville did NOT have the weight program then that would have given him the same amount of yards he got at R'dale. Now that C'ville has a Rankin protégé they 'might' have it in the near future.

Eric Locke did have one blemish on a fateful Halloween night. Trick or treat!!! Edited by GWAVE1