Week 3:Jefferson County at Maryville

BigDave1967

Unfortunately no.  That was Gorel Soumare #11 who had the pick six on the tipped ball.  My son had a rough night covering #6.  He got beat deep on the first touchdown (beautiful throw by your QB) and then got beat again on another deep ball later on although they should have called offensive pass interference on that one.  The receiver pushed him in the back.

I think our receivers learned a thing or two from watching Fulton's receivers. #6 (Brock) was very aggressive last night.

Barn, it was number 11. Very impressive player and could run. What year,40 time, height is he? He was helping people up and patting on the back all night. Great sportsmanship! Barn, the PATs also substituted after the interception. Most teams don't.

Thank you for the compliment about #11.  I will pass it along to the coach and to his mother.  His name is Gorel Soumare.  He is a Senior.  Not sure what his 40 time is but he's a track guy.  I think he's 6'3" or 6'4" and around 200 lbs.

At that point we were happy to avoid the shutout.  Besides, we had a lot of younger players that deserved some playing time too.  

Edited by theroyz71

Unfortunately no.  That was Gorel Soumare #11 who had the pick six on the tipped ball.  My son had a rough night covering #6.  He got beat deep on the first touchdown (beautiful throw by your QB) and then got beat again on another deep ball later on although they should have called offensive pass interference on that one.  The receiver pushed him in the back.

Your son had a very difficult assignment. #6 has made many coaches question their decision to play him in man vs. cover 2. I don't disagree with you on the no-call that could have easily been offensive pass interference. Your son was in good position to defend that pass and possibly intercept it. I'm glad to see 6 making that aggressive move to the ball and making the refs make the judgement call. I think in HS the receiver gets that advantage more times than not. DBs have the toughest assignment on the field in my opinion.

Your son had a very difficult assignment. #6 has made many coaches question their decision to play him in man vs. cover 2. I don't disagree with you on the no-call that could have easily been offensive pass interference. Your son was in good position to defend that pass and possibly intercept it. I'm glad to see 6 making that aggressive move to the ball and making the refs make the judgement call. I think in HS the receiver gets that advantage more times than not. DBs have the toughest assignment on the field in my opinion.

I think #6 made the adjustment to catch the ball. He made some great plays last night, fun to watch.

Of course you did. Whining on CoachT usually gets you nowhere. Good game PATS, Best of luck the remainder of the season. 

So did every other fan on our side of the field.  It doesn't really matter.  The ref didn't throw the flag and it wouldn't have made a difference in the final score if he had.  Maryville could have named the score last night if they wanted to.  Good luck the rest of the season.  

So did every other fan on our side of the field.  It doesn't really matter.  The ref didn't throw the flag and it wouldn't have made a difference in the final score if he had.  Maryville could have named the score last night if they wanted to.  Good luck the rest of the season.  

I think someone mentioned earlier that our DB's against Fulton got roughed up pretty good with no call ..... and I don't really have a Problem with that as long as they call it consistent . I don't know if it was your son on the play I'm thinking about , but the DB played it perfect , was in great position , but #6 was a lot more Physical going for the ball .... and my bet is both our Receivers and DB's heard about that all week long ...... about being more physical going to the ball . Your son played a lot better Coverage than most DB's do going against # 6 Brock , nothing to be ashamed of , and I bet your son has a great year . Good Luck !!

I think someone mentioned earlier that our DB's against Fulton got roughed up pretty good with no call ..... and I don't really have a Problem with that as long as they call it consistent . I don't know if it was your son on the play I'm thinking about , but the DB played it perfect , was in great position , but #6 was a lot more Physical going for the ball .... and my bet is both our Receivers and DB's heard about that all week long ...... about being more physical going to the ball . Your son played a lot better Coverage than most DB's do going against # 6 Brock , nothing to be ashamed of , and I bet your son has a great year . Good Luck !!

Thank you.