Week 2 1A AP Top 10

Whats with all the hate towards Dresden? Have you seen them play? Word is they have one of , if not the best QB in West Tennessee. Not saying they deserve to be top 3 but their resume looks pretty good so far. Huntingdon and Dresden will be in the mix at the end. 

The hatred is from Huntingdon fans for the most part. We haven't beat them in the last who knows how many years so they don't think we should ever be ranked above them, ever. We have a respect / hate relationship with Huntingdon. Only issue I really have with them is some of their fans wouldn't walk across the field to visitor section so they sat behind the student / Lion Posse section and griped the complete four quarters about people standing up during the game. Really??? I also watch one of their fans cuss a young lady and a coach like a dog from the home stands to the point a cop made him leave. The respect part is they typically have a very good team with good sportsmanship along with excellent coaches. To be honest we are top 6 or 7 team IMO. We can score with any team so far this year but I'm not sold that we can stop a running game like UC has. Most likely, Huntingdon will look similar to UC. 

Only time will tell I agree with you on that. If Dresden can score fast and get ahead though the running game is hard to stick with. Its not impossible. I believe 7-1A might be the most fun to watch this year with the diversity of the teams and the talent. All 3 of their top teams bring something different to the table that is hard to stop.  

The hatred is from Huntingdon fans for the most part. We haven't beat them in the last who knows how many years so they don't think we should ever be ranked above them, ever. We have a respect / hate relationship with Huntingdon. Only issue I really have with them is some of their fans wouldn't walk across the field to visitor section so they sat behind the student / Lion Posse section and griped the complete four quarters about people standing up during the game. Really??? I also watch one of their fans cuss a young lady and a coach like a dog from the home stands to the point a cop made him leave. The respect part is they typically have a very good team with good sportsmanship along with excellent coaches. To be honest we are top 6 or 7 team IMO. We can score with any team so far this year but I'm not sold that we can stop a running game like UC has. Most likely, Huntingdon will look similar to UC.

Every town has "those" fans. I can't say the cussing did or didn't happen, because I didn't witness that. I have seen a Dresden coach throw a fit, cuss our fans and give them the finger. Then he stomped off to the field house and slammed the door. My 3rd grade child had to witness all of that! I had to expain that he was a idiot and a sore loser. Or loser all together. To the issue with some of the fans sitting on dresdens side. Huntingdon travels well, and very few visitor stand have enough seating. Many of the fans on Dresdens side where older fans who couldn't make it to the other side and then not have a seat, and have to make it all the way back. Don't you have to walk down the Dresden bleachers to get over to the visitor side? There should be a different path to get over that way. Edited by Waker

Every town has "those" fans. I can't say the cussing did or didn't happen, because I didn't witness that. I have seen a Dresden coach throw a fit, cuss our fans and give them the finger. Then he stomped off to the field house and slammed the door. My 3rd grade child had to witness all of that! I had to expain that he was a idiot and a sore loser. Or loser all together. To the issue with some of the fans sitting on dresdens side. Huntingdon travels well, and very few visitor stand have enough seating. Many of the fans on Dresdens side where older fans who couldn't make it to the other side and then not have a seat, and have to make it all the way back. Don't you have to walk down the Dresden bleachers to get over to the visitor side? There should be a different path to get over that way.

Cant we all just get along and let the boys on the field do the work. life is stressful enough and fans should be able to get along.  if the dresden coach acted that way then he should not be allowed on the sidelines. football is about life and life is not about football. (with some exceptions, lol)

Every town has "those" fans. I can't say the cussing did or didn't happen, because I didn't witness that. I have seen a Dresden coach throw a fit, cuss our fans and give them the finger. Then he stomped off to the field house and slammed the door. My 3rd grade child had to witness all of that! I had to expain that he was a idiot and a sore loser. Or loser all together. To the issue with some of the fans sitting on dresdens side. Huntingdon travels well, and very few visitor stand have enough seating. Many of the fans on Dresdens side where older fans who couldn't make it to the other side and then not have a seat, and have to make it all the way back. Don't you have to walk down the Dresden bleachers to get over to the visitor side? There should be a different path to get over that way.

I remember that game he held up both hands giving all the fans both middle fingers. He is an emotional coach.

Edited by Maximum

Every year your fans say they are going to beat us. After a few years of it people begin not to believe it.

Alot of Chattanooga voters.

Chattanooga voters aren't going to overlook Oneida and certainly aren't going to rank Whitwuhl. There are a lot of voters from the other 2/3 of the state as well.  Remember that the Seq Valley teams are generally considered east TN teams. 

Edited by rlh

I agree with you that every town has "those" fans. I was a witness to the fan standing on the rail cussing the aforementioned coach before the game was close to ending. Not making excuses for what he did. Coaches are people too but because of their positions they should hold themselves to a higher standard. When I was more active with the football program we tried to get the school powers that be to add parking on the visitors side and a gate to take up money. This would've helped with parking and the trek to visitors side. If we played girls basketball on the field they would do it but not for the football team. I'll be a Huntingdon fan if they go further than my Lion's. Hurts a little saying that. lol 

Whats with all the hate towards Dresden? Have you seen them play? Word is they have one of , if not the best QB in West Tennessee. Not saying they deserve to be top 3 but their resume looks pretty good so far. Huntingdon and Dresden will be in the mix at the end.

Why do you assume i have hatred towards Dresden?? All i said was id have Huntingdon ahead of Dresden AND Coalfield....Not a big deal in all honesty. Polls are fun to debate but dont bring the word hatred in here because I made no mention of any ill will towards the Dresden team.