Which teams will have to go to D-II?

GOOSESDAD

Maryville would compete well in D2AA but to say that the D2AA schools would not want to play Maryville is just not true. The top teams in D2AA all seek out the top competition from other states so playing Maryville would just be another tough game. The most difficult things for Maryville would be the travel schedule, the fact that they would have to prepare for all league games (just couldn't roll out the ball), and the injuries that everyone in D2AA must deal with each year. D2AA is truly like playing in the SEC. Maybe Maryville fools me and decides to step outside their comfort zone and join the ranks of D2AA as it would make the league even stronger.

Nice try, but the boro is the SEC. Y'all can be the NFC west if that makes you feel better

I was just using the term as an analogy. Murfreesboro plays very good high school football but they were not ranked in the Top 10 of the country in difficulty like D2AA.

You must be mistooken ... That's not what this here article reads.

http://www.unapproved website.com/news/ESrPGc0bEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/top-10-toughest-football-leagues-in-america-.htm

Someone told me that if you pay tuition to go to a school, that qualifies that school for D2AA. I know Maryville doesn't give scholarships, but they do require tuition from those who are not city residents. Does anybody know if this information I have fed is true or not?

Thats the big rebel flag painted elephant in the room.  If they do, don't be surprised if the tution requirement is waived by the school board.

Someone told me that if you pay tuition to go to a school, that qualifies that school for D2AA. I know Maryville doesn't give scholarships, but they do require tuition from those who are not city residents. Does anybody know if this information I have fed is true or not?

Not from any articles I have read. Tssaa stated The program is for all schools – both public and private – that provide any financial assistance to tuition-paying athletes or members of athletes’ immediate family. Financial assistance includes student employment for athletes or employment for parents, guardians or immediate family members unless they are a full-time certified teacher or classified employee.

Any public or private school that has a financial assistance program (i.e., loans or employment) must compete in Division II, it would be for a 3rd party paying any fees. If your parent's pay tuition then that would not classify as need based financing.

STP...Ewe heered rong.....Hit sez "finanshull ade" inn tha TSSAA bible.... :popcorneater: