Mairvul att Alcoee

STARSNBARS

Pep...maybe Barry told Susie that back in the day just to impress her!

This was I think probably Rankin's best Coaching against Maryville , he Shortened the Game ( uh besides all the weather delays ) and stayed within striking distance till they got momentum on their side .... but then Rankin has to ruin it by making excuses and crying about the refs . 

We were pretty much dominated on the Offensive Line , we've got to get better there if we're gonna get to where we want to go . Congrats Rebels for the hard fought win and Congrats to Alcoa on showing a ton of Heart and coming out swinging in the second half like they did . I give Rankin credit for that too , there was a time before Rankin that Alcoa might have quit when they got down .... they sure don't anymore !

WAKE UP !!! LITTLE SUSIE .... WAKE UP !!! Barry Mathis was NOT a QB of a State Champion team !

It wouldn't matter what I said on here that it would put someone down and that's not my intention so I won't say what I really think. In one of the past threads I mentioned that there would be lots of pressure on both QB's this year. One because he had never really been in much varsity action other than a few snaps but all the Kool-Aid drinkers persisted with their nonsense about the kid setting all the passing records when through and the other kid was groomed and ready because he threw a touchdown in the championship game so he was an all american also .I've watched four games and seen the good and the not so good. Last night one of them had a rough night and the other saved the game for us with a drive that ate the clock up or we were dead meat, that simple. We're 4-0 alright, by the hair of our chinny chin chin. Each kid has their strengths and weakness but throwing a kid in that is 5-9 against a D Line that is 6-5 or better across it would be a bad recipe which we all witnessed  .I do understand your point but ask yourself this, the game was on the line and GQ is a smart man and he went with who he thought could do the job at that time, am I right or wrong. That decision showed me who he would go with if he were pressed against the wall and  believe me he was. That's why I said it was time to stop playing musical QB's.

So you want us to not be happy with the Short QB ? Barn did it cross your mind last night that with the jailbreak going on about every play , pass or run , that George relied on the more Athletic QB seeing as how they were having to run for their life ?

I bet there's a bunch of teams out there that would Love to have that 5'9" QB .... I'm happy we have both of them and I trust Coach Quarles knows what he's doing a lot more than any of us Old Clowns on this Board .... or I may be wrong , George might be reading every post right now and taking notes  :mrgreen:

You can lay the responsibility of both Danny's right in my lap.  I was good enough to get Danny Ray to come to Lawrence Avenue.  Coach Wilson was so proud of my efforts.  However, after Barry and I broke up, I went after Danny and he was mad that I picked Barry first and travelled East to HHS.  I love both those boyz, but I failed the program not getting Danny into the fold.

However, I did help them with their salesmanship and they are both doing quite well peddling cars for a living!

Pep you are right, but Barry set the table for Mark Hasty!  Also, Barry is a lot more "impressive" in areas outside the game...if you know what I mean!   ^_^

Love you boyz!

:rolleyes:

Why does Rankin have a problem with officiating? heck he xtra time only 1 holding call.out of the seveal dozen that should.have been called mot to mention the personal fouls . They were dirtier than I thought Fulton would be. Just compare GQs and rankins quotes in the paper. Waaaaaaaahaaaambulance on the way

I thought it was Hammontree you didn't like...