R'dale vs Hillsboro.....

Lost Old Dad

Pepvol, just because you are spread doesn't mean you are versitale. Again will tell you many of the spread teams we play do not scare you throwing the football and are just spreading you to try and create running lanes. Look at the state champions last year and see the number of times each three the football compared to the number of times they ran in. Even Maryville is a run dominate team.

Well I guess I should just say I hope you and a bunch of Coaches continue to think this because it makes Maryville's job a lot easier . Maryville is Versatile , yes we'll run more than we throw , but it is being able to do both very well that makes Maryville so hard to beat . How many WingT teams have 6A Championships to their name ? 

Well I guess I should just say I hope you and a bunch of Coaches continue to think this because it makes Maryville's job a lot easier . Maryville is Versatile , yes we'll run more than we throw , but it is being able to do both very well that makes Maryville so hard to beat . How many WingT teams have 6A Championships to their name ?

pardon me but can I please answer this one....NONE!!

It always amazes me when people who have never seen this program play in years want to put in their two cents on this program. Those of us that have been there year after year fro the past 20 years have seen first hand the continual slide of this program. Yes, your going to have years when you have that special kid that can launch a program into the playoffs but in the days gone by this team didint have to rely on that. The delevoped their players year after year. Now we have gotten to the point where players dont even want to play for this coach. When you have players in the school not playing who are better than the kids on the field there is a deeper problem. Example, when your relying on a freshman kicker who cant kick the ball 20 yards on kick offs or fieldgoals when you have kids in the school who can kick from 40 you have to ask why? You cant blame the lack of depth on rezoning when youve got players who played in 9th and 10th but are now not playing for this coach. And contrary to popular belief its not about Rankin. Its about the program. The current coach cant seem to grasp the concept of building the program and wants to blame the players. if you want to hear his lack of concern, go to wgns radio website and listen to his coaches podcast from saturday morning and tell me that sounds like a coach whos taking responsiblity.

As for the kicker, I went to the JV game last week. The kicker kicked inside the 10 yard line each time. On an XP, he kicked one the bounced off the track on the side where the scoreboard is. What's that like 45 yards? One of his kick offs was really high and the receiver freaked out and dropped the ball out of bounds at the 12.

Don't know what this kid has done but looks far better than what we've seen on Fridays.

Not knocking the Freshman at all. He's really young. I just keep seeing it posted that there's no one who can kick deep.

runtheball, you know I respect you and your opinion, but Coach A would get killed trying to run the WingT this year. The O-line is that bad. Total lack of conditioning and the fact they ALL have to play both ways. Not by choice, but necessity.

On the other hand he does not have an O-line coach that can teach pass blocking for a REALLY good QB. He is best in the pocket, but he can throw accurately on the run. Thing is he HAS to run WAY TOO much now. Only able to get to a two count before the line collapses.

No, there is NO WAY our griping will get anything done NOW. At the end of the season is another matter though.

As for the kicker, I went to the JV game last week. The kicker kicked inside the 10 yard line each time. On an XP, he kicked one the bounced off the track on the side where the scoreboard is. What's that like 45 yards? One of his kick offs was really high and the receiver freaked out and dropped the ball out of bounds at the 12.

Don't know what this kid has done but looks far better than what we've seen on Fridays.

Not knocking the Freshman at all. He's really young. I just keep seeing it posted that there's no one who can kick deep.

Coach A has already shown he will play Freshmen on varsity. Backup QB is a prime example. If he really does have a good kicker on the JV team, he needs to use him NOW. If he does not then it is on the HC.

Coach A has already shown he will play Freshmen on varsity. Backup QB is a prime example. If he really does have a good kicker on the JV team, he needs to use him NOW. If he does not then it is on the HC.

That's the only time I have seen him. In coaches defense we don't know how this kid practices. He looked pretty good.

So then why isnt this kid kicking for the varsity? Its the same reason that so many players drop out after 10th grade. They dont want to play for this coach. How out of touch with this program does it tell you he is when he cant see something so simple as this that would help his team?

So then why isnt this kid kicking for the varsity? Its the same reason that so many players drop out after 10th grade. They dont want to play for this coach. How out of touch with this program does it tell you he is when he cant see something so simple as this that would help his team?

get his butt fired and quit complaining about him, do something. 

Edited by hardtackle