Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that was a true representation of Gallatin football. They clearly had a very bad night.

That said, besides our turnovers and penalties, I am thrilled with how HC performed tonight. All three phases of the game balled out for us, and that's what I've been waiting to see. Great TEAM win!

GO PATS!!

Good luck Gallatin the rest of the way, unless we see ya down the road. 

Edited by MSURacer

Congrats to Henry Co great atmosphere! Sorry we played the worst game in the last 3 years. Gallatin continued to shoot themselves in the foot and give it up to the Patriots limiting Gallatin all night with their strong defense. Gallatin was out of sync and had major trouble keeping the football not too mention the strong defense and hard running of Henry Co. The Pats just flat dominated the lines and capitalized on the gifts Gallatin gave them. Congrats to the Patriots.

Sometimes the HC faithful get a bit carried away. Johnson for Liberty had about 150 in the first game (although one run for 50+ could have been a loss in the backfield if HC had wrapped him up,,,,but they didn't and Johnson keep churning and broke loose for a nice gain). I think Mason may be better from what I hear and Gallatins OL may be better than Liberty. Which means they will have some success running. How much ? That's the question.

I do think HC offense is getting better and Gallatins DL will not be as good as Liberty,so I think HC will have some success offensively as well.

Just my thoughts.

Keeping it real.

Should be a great game.

GO BIG RED 

I stand corrected. The stats i heard was 50 yards rushing for Gallatin as a team. (unofficial).I really think Gallatin had a very bad game, but their lines were not as good as Liberty's.. HC fumbled 6 times and lost 4 of those and still shutout a good Gallatin team. Mason is a good RB but HC gave him no space to get started..

GO BIG RED

I stand corrected. The stats i heard was 50 yards rushing for Gallatin as a team. (unofficial).I really think Gallatin had a very bad game, but their lines were not as good as Liberty's.. HC fumbled 6 times and lost 4 of those and still shutout a good Gallatin team. Mason is a good RB but HC gave him no space to get started..

GO BIG RED

I think they only lost 3 fumbles but what does it matter when you can't take advantage of them. Gallatin had really only one decent drive and that ended with a fumble at the goal line. When Gallatin lined up man on man they could move the ball but the high snaps, slips, fumbles, and other assorted blunders never let them do it consistently. When Gallatin got in shotgun or pistol, Henry Co ate that up. Nothing good came out of this game for Gallatin. Hopefully they can regroup.

Can we please make this a regular thing like Liberty is? Ton of respect for the Green Wave program and fans.  The atmosphere tonight is what Friday nights are all about. 

I felt good about this game, but had no idea it would be a running clock in the 4th.  Tough night for Gallatin... The blunders killed them.  Take away the fumbles from each side and I still think HC wins by a decent margin, but the fumbles were as much of a part of the game as the touchdowns.  I'm happy we were able to have multiple hats in the backfield for most of the night, because Mason is a load.  He'll be fun to watch continue to develop.

You have to be able to pass the ball to score against HC this year.  If the front 7 is allowed to just get after it and not worry about coverage constantly they're going to feast.  Having 4 D-lineman like we do is a luxury that we need not take for granted.  

I think what excited me most was our improvement on offense.  There's been improvement every week.  We're young at the skill positions and it's awesome seeing these boys learn on the job.  #7 and #3 form a decent 1-2 punch if I may say so myself.  

I'm going to temper expectations to an extent though.  We played great tonight and Gallatin did not.  I don't think it would be this lopsided if they lined up next week.  We're young... but we're improving every day.  One game at a time.