Hardin Valley 2-1 (1-0) @Dobyns-Bennett 3-1 (1-0)

Indian423

I wouldn't care in the least bit about being able to run the option against teams with little or no depth.I would have Cole throw the ball more then run it against some of these teams.When a good team shuts down the run in the playoffs, DB will need the pass to open the run back up.He can do it and there are some good young guys that can catch it.

Edited by BatmanDB

I wouldn't care in the least bit about being able to run the option against teams with little or no depth.I would have Cole throw the ball more then run it against some of these teams.When a good team shuts down the run in the playoffs, DB will need the pass to open the run back up.He can do it and there are some good young guys that can catch it.

i have no idea how Clark will coach it... but from the looks of things, the DB Offensive Line is starting to gel. They destroyed SC D Line play after play. My guess is, DB keeps calling it like they have been. The pass plays the Indians run are very effective. #6 Maupin is on the $$... nearly every single time. With #3 Dunn and $13 Newcomb (Nuke'em) playing wide out, we are in good hands.

DB GETS BETTER EVERY WEEK

i have no idea how Clark will coach it... but from the looks of things, the DB Offensive Line is starting to gel. They destroyed SC D Line play after play. My guess is, DB keeps calling it like they have been. The pass plays the Indians run are very effective. #6 Maupin is on the $$... nearly every single time. With #3 Dunn and $13 Newcomb (Nuke'em) playing wide out, we are in good hands.

DB GETS BETTER EVERY WEEK

Your guess is my guess.If it isn't broke.....

HVA has zero following on the T.  So I'll add this about them, even though I would agree completely with rolltriberolls's breakdown of the Hawks.  Don't discount just how good the backs at HVA are.  #3 #5 #7 #22 all have great pass catch ability and run extremely hard.  They all keep each other fresh even though #5 #22 and #7 start on defense.  Their defensive style is very similar to DB's.  They'll try to disrupt and penetrate the offensive backfield all night, and fly to the football.  Should be a hard-hitting game, and I'll take DB with the home field advantage.

Game Day - Home Coming

Looking at rosters - HVA is a vetran heavy team. Defense starts 8 seniors and 3 jr's. Offense starts 7 seniors and 4 jr's. The Hawks have 4 players that start both ways. 

Indians 3 Soph's but a dozen Soph's will play at least. 1 player starts both ways for DB - #5 Thompson. 

Expect big games FROM #6 Maupin and #4 Rodgers in the backfield. #3 Dunn and #13 Newcomb (Nuke'em) in the passing game.

Roll Tribe Roll