Marion Co @ Boyd Buc

reaction

If Marion has as many miscues as tyner did, then I would expect a similar result. Luckily, I don't think we will have those mistakes but we do probably lead the state in penalties. Can't do that Friday either. Time to play mistake free ball. I would say the team with the fewest turnovers will win. These two teams are evenly matched. Both have drilled a state ranked foe at their place, both have stingy defenses and equally explosive offenses. Should be a great night at the swamp!! Hope y'all can come to Jasper during week three of the playoffs.

If Marion has as many miscues as tyner did, then I would expect a similar result. Luckily, I don't think we will have those mistakes but we do probably lead the state in penalties. Can't do that Friday either. Time to play mistake free ball. I would say the team with the fewest turnovers will win. These two teams are evenly matched. Both have drilled a state ranked foe at their place, both have stingy defenses and equally explosive offenses. Should be a great night at the swamp!! Hope y'all can come to Jasper during week three of the playoffs.

You Jasperlites need to get your durn story right. Pastry boy is saying you aint no good and TTP is consistently stroking the SOS defence. I garuntee you they is some lying lips somewhere. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Tyner played mistake free until midway in 3rd when they had a bad punt snap. The game was 20-7 at that point. Next play Boyd gashed them for a 40 yard TD to make it 26-7. After that Tyner tried to throw it more since they couldn't do anything with the run. Boyd then drove again to put it away 33-7 in 4th. Tyner did lose a fumble late after Boyds punt pinned them inside 5 which gave the final outcome. Def wasn't your typical Tyner beat themselves game. If Tyner hadn't blocked a punt it would've been a shut out. Just to clarify and give a better picture of how the game went down.

Having said all that I'm still not sure Boyd can/will win. Marion County is a very very good football team. This is coming from a former Pirate. I think the biggest key to the game is can Boyd make Marion County grind it out all game. They have been solid at not giving up junk plays and containing speed. If they can continue that then Bucs can pull off another upset. On the other hand Boyd isn't typically a quick strike offense. If Marion makes Boyd play from behind and are able to play up tempo like they like to do then Marion will win. The game comes down in my opinion to Boyd's defense and I agree with you I think this Chess match won't be completely over until round 3.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Great post! Totally agree, but I don't think tyner had many miscues the Bucs just came out and hoot them In the mouth Edited by footballrox

Tyner played mistake free until midway in 3rd when they had a bad punt snap. The game was 20-7 at that point. Next play Boyd gashed them for a 40 yard TD to make it 26-7. After that Tyner tried to throw it more since they couldn't do anything with the run. Boyd then drove again to put it away 33-7 in 4th. Tyner did lose a fumble late after Boyds punt pinned them inside 5 which gave the final outcome. Def wasn't your typical Tyner beat themselves game. If Tyner hadn't blocked a punt it would've been a shut out. Just to clarify and give a better picture of how the game went down.

Having said all that I'm still not sure Boyd can/will win. Marion County is a very very good football team. This is coming from a former Pirate. I think the biggest key to the game is can Boyd make Marion County grind it out all game. They have been solid at not giving up junk plays and containing speed. If they can continue that then Bucs can pull off another upset. On the other hand Boyd isn't typically a quick strike offense. If Marion makes Boyd play from behind and are able to play up tempo like they like to do then Marion will win. The game comes down in my opinion to Boyd's defense and I agree with you I think this Chess match won't be completely over until round 3.

My thoughts as well

Good post.

Really?!?

This game on page 2????

Really?!?

Should I break out some fake trash talk to get this thread going?

Slice I garuntee you the kinfolk aint gonna say much this week. Until this year it was real hard to get them to talk to anybody. They still some of them hid out under them rocks. They still not sure if it is safe yet. You think im joking but im not.