Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Tyrone Jones played QB last night. He's a freshman that gets to see some playing time on varsity & is Dresden's next super star. You'll be seeing his name ALOT. He's the great nephew of Popeye Jones & is a natural born athlete. Not only is he an ox that can run the ball & lay someone out but he can also throw the ball. Can't say enough good things about this kid.

Good receiver too.

Tyrone Jones played QB last night. He's a freshman that gets to see some playing time on varsity & is Dresden's next super star. You'll be seeing his name ALOT. He's the great nephew of Popeye Jones & is a natural born athlete. Not only is he an ox that can run the ball & lay someone out but he can also throw the ball. Can't say enough good things about this kid.

Hey man I was just trying to mess with y'all a little bit. That game last night meant nothing. Thst QB is a good one though.

Good glad he is playing.

To all the Dresden fans thinking all the mustang fans thinking we think Winn is the only weapon they got, are in for a shock (we all dont think like that but he is the most talented), if we play each other you guys think Pearson is the only player we got. I promise you even though I campaigned for him to play last year and talk good about him we got a lot more players on the team.

Wish I could make a poll, next week we play Clarksville Academy, and I am sick of watching these blowouts even though I am glad to be supporting the mustangs. Show I go to the Huntingdon game, or should I watch possibly the biggest regular season game of the season in west tn football.

Sorry Kermit I was just making a statement that maybe he would play. I don't expect to see him on the field during UC game. TSSAA won't typically reverse a suspension regardless of actual situation. If they did they would admit the refs were wrong and I doubt they will do that.

Hey man I was just trying to mess with y'all a little bit. That game last night meant nothing. Thst QB is a good one though.

Sorry swo but if middle school is any indication of high school progress we will see a decline in our program in few years. I could be wrong and hope I am. Middle school has been good but not like this years junior class was. But then again a complete group like this team doesn't happen that often. Jones is a special athlete!!

To you Dresden supporters, this is not a trash talking statement so please understand.  As I have stated before, I have seen your team play in person more than once.  What is up with these ejections and yellow flags ?  Is it that coach Rang has them playing that aggressive when the TSSAA is starting to cut back or is it the TSSAA refs are out for Dresden?  You know as well as I that your team has seen more than its share of yellow material laying on the field after a play is over.  Union City plays very aggressive but not that aggressive to get ejected or many yellow flags.  Just wanting to know.  Oh, and the TSSAA will not overturn a call of such.  Once the game ends and anything reported, films are watched but most of the time nothing done.  The "what should be done the next time around" decision is discussed. 

might be because some of us come on here and mention there are other good teams in 1A. Wayne County, Nashville Christian, and Huntingdon will be contenders in the playoffs too, Some teams not even playing us bashing us on these threads too. Wayne County is only one & current opponents not really bashing and more of ruffling feathers and that is ok.

We like to talk over here at WC but we respect the teams that show us respect and at the end of the day its all about the kids and then having a good time and making memories.

If someone was ejected they won't play the next game

I'm not disputing what the rule is for mandatory ejection, but here is the "technicality" of this scenario.

On the first penalty (alleged punch that missed), it was called an unsportsmanlike---which is incorrect. The proper flag should have been a personal foul, whether it contacted or not and an automatic ejection. On the celebration penalty (the 2nd one) it was incorrectly called an unsportsmanlike, which then triggered the ejection. The refs made a mistake on the first call and the second call. So you say, well if you get ejected it's automatic, but not if the penalties aren't called correctly--it is reversable.....Since I seem to hear that I am with  a lot of football knowledgeable people on here, then I'm sure that most of you have heard of the Glenncliff High School incident with the player that ran into the ref and was ejected.

When it was all said and done, the kid was reinstated and the 1 game suspension was lifted.........(hang on before this next statement goes over your head)....the official was eventually suspended for not understanding the rules and following the TSSAA protocol.

It's a technicality and if the TSSAA reviewed it and denied the request, what has Dresden lost?? An appeal?? I don't know about the entire state, but I've seen a lot of football in nearly half of the state and fortunately for me--I get to see a lot of games.

If Dresden wants the player for this game, I would send the appeal and video of the incident up and let them deny it. The TSSAA wants everyone to play/act/officiate professionally, but understanding the bylaws and rules which are constantly preached have to be followed by all involved participants....it would be something the TSSAA would look at reversing due to this "technicality".

Dresden is going to have to get the dead ball conduct under control, there is no doubt on that matter. So I'm not disagreeing with those comments at all.  

Edited by TheReaper

And for the record, the biggest debate about the 2nd incident. It got a quick flag for not returning the ball to the ref, after the kid was congratulated by several Dresden players out of bounds. He was returning towards the official, but from what I observed it should have been a delay of game penalty. That was a ridiculous unsportsmanslike penalty call for what actually happened. He didn't spike it, taunt the defender, or say anything to the opponent. He couldn't get to the official fast enough with the ball. The dead ball conduct will draw ire and could have led to that unnecessary call or misinterpretation of the penalty for a second time that night....The appeal and the video would put pressure on the reviewers to account for the actions.

I'm not disputing what the rule is for mandatory ejection, but here is the "technicality" of this scenario.

On the first penalty (alleged punch that missed), it was called an unsportsmanlike---which is incorrect. The proper flag should have been a personal foul, whether it contacted or not and an automatic ejection. On the celebration penalty (the 2nd one) it was correctly called an unsportsmanlike, which then triggered the ejection. The refs made a mistake on the first call. So you say, well if you get ejected it's automatic.....Since I seem to hear that I am with  a lot of football knowledgeable people on here, then I'm sure that most of you have heard of the Glenncliff High School incident with the player that ran into the ref and was ejected.

When it was all said and done, the kid was reinstated and the 1 game suspension was lifted.........(hang on before this next statement goes over your head)....the official was eventually suspended for not understanding the rules and following the TSSAA protocol.

It's a technicality and if the TSSAA reviewed it and denied the request, what has Dresden lost?? An appeal?? I don't know about the entire state, but I've seen a lot of football in nearly half of the state and fortunately for me--I get to see a lot of games.

If Dresden wants the player for this game, I would send the appeal and video of the incident up and let them deny it. The TSSAA wants everyone to play/act/officiate professionally, but understanding the bylaws and rules which are constantly preached have to be followed by all involved participants....it would be something the TSSAA would look at reversing due to this "technicality".

Dresden is going to have to get the dead ball conduct under control, there is no doubt on that matter. So I'm not disagreeing with those comments at all.  

The player you speak of from Glenclff was never ejected from the game - the ref involved said he didn't think he had the authority to eject him even though he thought his intentions were deliberate. The TSSAA said the ref did have authority to eject him. The TSSAA doesn't over rule judgement calls.