Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

What are some of the quirks in the teachers lounge? Since you brought it up, please expand. He's not an insider, he's an outsider. I know some who supported the last group, even when the TSSAA was visiting the school on a quarterly basis. Dresden is fortunate to have Coach Rang and appreciates what Coach Hodge did while he was there. 

If you know as much about Dresden as you say you do then you would've heard the quirks. I support this coaching staff as much as previous staff. I've said all along Dresden needed a long term coach and I'm sticking by my comments that Coach Rang will be here until this junior class graduates and then he will head back east. Dont blame him either cause that's where his family is. I hope he doesn't leave cause he is a great coach who the kids connect with. He is also very enthusiastic and emotional during the game which the kids feed off of. 

The kid you speak of did get ejected in the 2nd quarter, but Dresden should immediately appeal this ejection. The kid was alleged to have thrown a punch, which mandates an automatic ejection but he was charged with an unsportsmanslike penalty instead of a personal foul and was allowed to keep playing before the second event occurred. On the touchdown reception which occurred in the 2nd quarter, he was charged with the second unsportsmanlike which requires an ejection. Here is where the appeal would be reversed and beneficial to the Dresden team, the first foul was actually a personal foul and he should have been ejected right then. It was not called by the ref and there is precedence for this through the TSSAA already set. If Dresden appeals this due to the "missed" call by the ref on the initial infraction, it will be almost certainly be reversed and the kid will be reinstated. I was there and I saw both events. 

Then I'm guessing we will see A-Tom playing against UC. 

I'm gonna make some of y'all mad but here goes. The UC JV Tornadoes beat down the Dresden JV Lions last night in UC. When the JV starters were on the field they scored 30 first half points to 6 or 12 for the Lions. Now the JV burned us bad on some deep throws and looked good doing it. But when it came to smash mouth football the first team handled business. In the third quarter we let the freshman play and they got burned and did nothing on offense but in the end VICTORY. Now I warned you that I would make some of y'all mad. I will now sit back and watch. Have fun.

I'm gonna make some of y'all mad but here goes. The UC JV Tornadoes beat down the Dresden JV Lions last night in UC. When the JV starters were on the field they scored 30 first half points to 6 or 12 for the Lions. Now the JV burned us bad on some deep throws and looked good doing it. But when it came to smash mouth football the first team handled business. In the third quarter we let the freshman play and they got burned and did nothing on offense but in the end VICTORY. Now I warned you that I would make some of y'all mad. I will now sit back and watch. Have fun.

Would you happen to know who the jv qb was for Dresden? I thought it was Moran, but I'm not sure if he's back from his appendix surgery yet.

Edited by ProudLionFan

Who you happen to know who the jv qb was for Dresden? I thought it was Moran, but I'm not sure if he's back from his appendix surgery yet.

I don't know. Sorry. The kid they had back there could sling it though. I was coaching the 6th grade team just outside the stadium and got very distracted by this lil JV game going on.

Who cares? JV is not playing on the 16th.

Hate to burst your bubble Swo but the majority of our JV team is comprised of freshmen so your upper classmen JV basically played our freshmen the 1st half. 😂😂

I don't know. Sorry. The kid they had back there could sling it though. I was coaching the 6th grade team just outside the stadium and got very distracted by this lil JV game going on.

Tyrone Jones played QB last night. He's a freshman that gets to see some playing time on varsity & is Dresden's next super star. You'll be seeing his name ALOT. He's the great nephew of Popeye Jones & is a natural born athlete. Not only is he an ox that can run the ball & lay someone out but he can also throw the ball. Can't say enough good things about this kid.

Then I'm guessing we will see A-Tom playing against UC. 

Good glad he is playing.

To all the Dresden fans thinking all the mustang fans thinking we think Winn is the only weapon they got, are in for a shock (we all dont think like that but he is the most talented), if we play each other you guys think Pearson is the only player we got.  I promise you even though I campaigned for him to play last year and talk good about him we got a lot more players on the team.  

Wish I could make a poll, next week we play Clarksville Academy, and I am sick of watching these blowouts even though I am glad to be supporting the mustangs.  Show I go to the Huntingdon game, or should I watch possibly the biggest regular season game of the season in west tn football.