Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Yeah Mr O I was gonna say something to that effect. This is not your run of the mill ground and pound team. Our new poster vol_______. (not gonna type his full name)

is obviously new to our area and doesn't know the history. I will help him out a little bit. Since 2009 this team has won 3 state titles running the same offense. Also during that time our friends from the south, Wayne County has adopted their version of the veer and also won a state title. Mixed in that is Huntingdon who played for the gold ball but feel victim to another ground and pound team. Along the way for all of these teams there were high flying spread teams who got chewed up by this style of play. I give you the Nashville Christian School Eagles. They have not made it to the big dance for 3 years in a row because they ran into one of these elite group and pound teams. NCS is a great football team and dominate most teams they play. They are well coached and produce D1 athletes year in and year out. But .......they have yet to prove they can play with the likes of UC and Huntingdon. Both teams are very similar in their style of play. Just saying

The "ground and pound" team is averaging 60 points per game. The "high octane" spread team is averaging 47 points per game.  "Ground and pound" is not worried about catching up if they're ever behind.

Sounds like they don't really play ball control.  Sounds like UC goes at a very fast pace.  Hay whatever works.  The key is holding onto the ball.  Sounds like UC takes good care of it and doesn't fumble much if they are putting up 60.  Local station is playing this game wish I had the channel would love to watch it.  Dresden needs to cause fumbles.  Like I said seen a team averaging massive amounts of points, and over 6000 yards on the ground in a season only put up 8, and lose by over 40 in a state title game by getting the ball knocked out after they would get a big gain.

I'm not that familiar with Mayfield, but I have seen some of there highlights on WPSD. I can't comment on UC's history against Kentucky based teams. If the poster is correct, then they have a good program---but I heard the same about some of the Ballard teams as well. We took care of those guys pretty easy earlier this year. VolStomper---what an original name to generate some friendships on CoachT. I guess now that Kentucky enters a football season with a chance to go 500, they are now a power team. Saying what Mayfield did to UC several years ago is about as bad as how the CoachT poster BigPurple brags about Milan's four championships....since 1941 or something.

Ive seen a lot of WPSD highlights on the news.  Ballard is nowhere near a Mayfield, and by your team beating Ballard badly means nothing.  Ballard starts off 4 or 5 and 0 every year it seems beating horrible teams then when they play someone good they get throttled.  They are in a District with Mayfield, and Murray by M A X P R E P S.  They play Mayfield this week, and bet they get beat by 40.  If any of you get that local 6 channel that plays a game on tv every week.  This week it is Dresden/UC.  They have good coverage on football on the 10 oclock news.

I must apologize to you. I looked back this morning and I don't know why I took offense to your posts last night. I will not make excuses I just admit I was wrong. In this case I jumped on you right out of the gate and did not give you a fair chance. So once again I apologize.

Now, the last line of your above statement is precisely how UC does things against an opponent like Dresden. Ball control , grinding out the clock 3 and 4 yards at a time. By the end of the third quarter the defense begins to wear down and that's when we pull away in a close game. Well it's been that way since Coach Bowling came to UC in 2008. Well there you go. Once again, I do apologize for my behavior.

so good post maybe I need to take back a little of my arrogance statement toward you if you can admit a wrong. This will be game of the year thus far and not a blowout. I picked dresden to beat Trenton but hard to pick against 33 and 0,but I don't think from video uc near as talented as last year, that was a dominating team. Edited by stangfan89

Yeah Mr O I was gonna say something to that effect. This is not your run of the mill ground and pound team. Our new poster vol_______. (not gonna type his full name)

is obviously new to our area and doesn't know the history. I will help him out a little bit. Since 2009 this team has won 3 state titles running the same offense. Also during that time our friends from the south, Wayne County has adopted their version of the veer and also won a state title. Mixed in that is Huntingdon who played for the gold ball but feel victim to another ground and pound team. Along the way for all of these teams there were high flying spread teams who got chewed up by this style of play. I give you the Nashville Christian School Eagles. They have not made it to the big dance for 3 years in a row because they ran into one of these elite group and pound teams. NCS is a great football team and dominate most teams they play. They are well coached and produce D1 athletes year in and year out. But .......they have yet to prove they can play with the likes of UC and Huntingdon. Both teams are very similar in their style of play. Just saying

swo done found religion today first apologizin now kind of complimenting huntingdon, I'm slowly becoming a fan.

The "ground and pound" team is averaging 60 points per game. The "high octane" spread team is averaging 47 points per game.  "Ground and pound" is not worried about catching up if they're ever behind.

True, very true....but the high octane offense subs a lot quicker than the ground and pound team. Dresden have freshmen playing at the end of the 1st quarter and generally in the 2nd quarter for sure. I don't think in any game this year, there hasn't been a freshman or some freshman "not" playing before halftime. And when Dresden has a running clock, they go to the ground and quit airing it out. Either way you look at it, both teams can score a lot of points. I don't see this game being a 42-41 kind of game. Both defenses are solid and it'll come down to about 3 or 4 plays.

swo done found religion today first apologizin now kind of complimenting huntingdon, I'm slowly becoming a fan.

I don't know how long you've been around but I have always spoken well about Huntingdon. I have some coach t friends over there. We get along just fine. Another thing I have always done is get after people who like to hijack another thread and make it about something other than what the thread title is about. I don't do that and I don't care for other people doing it. As for my apologies to the new guy ( I refuse to type his name). I felt like I had been too hard on him so I gave him\her a break. But thanks for your kind words.

Wayne County has run the Veer under Coach Rice and Crews since the early 90s.