Dobbuns Bent-It vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

A lot of this crap is brought on by the hype the press feeds us and we eat it up like candy. Dooley destroyed Tennessee and this is still a young team and when the fan base that knows so much about football that works on a 40 hour job somewhere non related to the sport starts mouthing off is usually when future recruiting gets hurt. I personally have always thought the man to run the offense is coaching at Maryville High but that will never happen because the good ole buddies club in college football's saying is that you have to pay a price by going through the system to get that opportunity which is BS. Jones will make it but he will be forced at the end of the year to make a few changes in the staff.

Barney,

I don't want to hear the youth excuse!! Florida was younger than us, had less talent,had a number of guys out with injury and suspensions, and had a 1st year head coach! We blew that game! Had a 13 point lead in the 4th Qtr and blew it!! At some point Butch has got to drop the used car salesman crap and win a big game! He hasn't done that yet. And the sad thing is we probably won't have another chance to best Florida because they have a good coach and he will have Florida loaded with 5 star athletes again like they were in their heyday. Losing that game last night was unacceptable. And this is coming from a guy that defended Butch until last night. IMO Butch has to win a big rivalry game this year (Georgia or Alabama) or he has to go. We can't continue to allow mediocrity when we have all of this talent.

• Upvote 1

I've been to countess Frosh/JV games. Is this a trick question?

No, I've never been to any Frosh/JV games and am thinking about going to this one...was on the Bearden website looking at the High School team stuff and saw the Frosh/JV schedule and thought how cool they play on a Monday and I live close to the stadium. Never thought about Frosh/JV games, forgot they even played...never see results anywhere like High School football games.

From my view from over the mountains , this Rebel team is on the way to being AWESOME.

Never saw so  many great running backs, 2 very good Qbs, several sticky fingered receivers,an

All-American linebacker, offensive and defensive lines that are getting better and better as we speak. Sure would like to be there, but I get get the home games on nfhsnet.com..

From my view from over the mountains , this Rebel team is on the way to being AWESOME.

Never saw so many great running backs, 2 very good Qbs, several sticky fingered receivers,an

All-American linebacker, offensive and defensive lines that are getting better and better as we speak. Sure would like to be there, but I get get the home games on nfhsnet.com..

Couldnt agree more. The next 3 weeks will mean alot-including open date. They must keep improving thru the off week and see how the next game goes.

When they went for 3 that next to last time,I was worried the vols were a little on the conservative side with the lead but figured it was probably the right move.Then they got it out to a twelve point lead.WTH,how can someone making that kind of money not go for two,I just don't understand .That's when the Florida coach went away from conservative and changed his mind on the field goal, and pulled to within 6 points after a touchdown.It would have been all good with a game winning field goal at the end,and nobody would have been talking about what a ......... move it was ....Any way,I've read a few things on here.To think GQ will not adjust to DB's blitz and everything that DB has a tendency to do on both sides of the ball would be laughable.You can't wait until the third quarter to make adjustments against these guys either.If they shut the run down ,you have to mix it up quicker with the pass to help open up the run.If not,Maryville will beat the one liners out of DB.

3 plays with timeouts left and 5 yd penalty hurt fg

How much time will Shadowens have under the used car salesman act.

Barney,

Shad is a really good coach and this is just his first year. 2 of the 3 losses are against teams that almost nobody thought we could beat so that wasn't much of a surprise. The only true letdown was against Bearden and that's a team we always play like crap against. But other than that there's been lots of positives. Meanwhile Butch Jones is in year 3 and still finding ways to lose all the big games despite having teams loaded with 4 and 5 star talent. All Butch has done to this point is bring in big recruits but if he keeps losing all of these big games he won't be able to keep getting those big recruits to come. That's why this year is put up or shut up for him. If we end this year going 5-7,6-6,or even 7-5 recruits are going to know he is full of BS.