Trezevant

crow6424

No disrespect TCA. Everybody has a shot. I told Coach Gray he was screwed when it was official where Trezevant dropping to 2a. Why do you think Alcoa didn't want to go to 2a bc that was option... Its sad that they are playing 2a football. Best thing if I was Tca would go back to private play. I don't mean to be disrespectful bc yall our an exiciting bunch. Ive watched 2 of your aville battles over the years. I saw yall play South Gibson early in the year. Trezevant ive seen live at Cookeville. Ive watched hudl on Ensworth game, and their stud rb.

The team you saw play South Gibson is a completely different team. We would beat SG by 3 TD's if we played again. Change was made after that game. Oh and by the way, we have never played in private sector. Always been D 1

If my son was serious about football and had the talent in middle school..... Why wouldn't you send him to Trezevant. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out the formula

This comment is more telling. But before you respond to my comments to this post, take special attention to BHS's comments about Trezevant. Those other public schools that he mentioned are in the neigborhood. Besides ... Raleigh-Egypt, which is going to become a power in 3A is another neighboring school with which Trezevant will have to contend with for talent. Just take my word on the RE thing ... he's the coach that built White Station into a power back in the day ... he's now at RE. Besides the schools BHS mentioned, there a lot of other programs in the city that have really strong football programs that draw talent and offer more scholastically. Whitehaven, White Station, Memphis East, Ridgeway, Cordova, Southwind, and Central. It's harder for the small public schools to compete with these programs for talent. Then you have the other small programs that are attracting talent as well like Mitchell, Carver, MAHS, RE, Melrose, Manassas, and KIPP. Not to mention larger schools that are building good football programs like Kirby and Wooddale. We haven't even mentioned the local privates that can offer finacial aid and get players like MUS, Christain Brothers, and Lausanne. I haven't even mentioned the programs right across the border that will take studs from Memphis like Olive Branch, Southaven, or Horn Lake.

I said all of that to say this ... the reason why Trezevant is as good as they are is because of the HC, not because they, Trezevant,  come out of Memphis replenishing their talent from an endless supply. They are playing in 2A because their enrollment dictates that they do. There isn't a long line of folks to attend Trezevant. I know you have this grand scheme in your mind that Trezevant has an assembly line of talent to choose from because they are a good team. Well ... there are so many programs to choose from throughout the city ... Trezevant makes do with what come through the doors. Do they get talent becuase they win. Yeah they do get some, but Trezevant High School just isn't a big school enrollment wise. They play a lot of players both ways because they don't have the numbers ... just like most 2A programs across the state. That stud RB could have ended up at a lot of other high schools in Memphis. Coach White has groomed that young man since his freshman year.

But why is it sad that Trezevant is in 2A where they belong? Becuase they have a really good HC? What sense does that make?

Edited by kwc

Small schools in Memphis must work hard to develop it's talent. In our area (Mitchell) of Memphis we usually get what is left over after Whitehaven and Central. We take what we have and work hard to make them better. So this idea that city schools have this pipe line of talent is crazy Coach White wins because he transform lives. He is the coach I most admire in Memphis.

TRUGURU if you think you are going into TCA or Mckenzie and just run through them, you better wake up. If the game was in Memphis it would be different. Trez. can win but it will not be easy.

Dont forget, the reason alcoa didnt come to 2a is because they were dodging trezevant......lol. they will play maryville, but are afraid of the bears......right!! Put richardson on any 2a team in the state and they are favorites. He is the number 6rb in the country.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Alcoa behind closed doors will tell you they would rather play any 3a school out of the west before Trezevant. Guarantee you that buddy. I didn't say they were scared but makes sense

Dont forget, the reason alcoa didnt come to 2a is because they were dodging trezevant......lol. they will play maryville, but are afraid of the bears......right!! Put richardson on any 2a team in the state and they are favorites. He is the number 6rb in the country.

Alcoa behind closed doors will tell you they would rather play any 3a school out of the west before Trezevant. Guarantee you that buddy. I didn't say they were scared but makes sense

I'm sure liberty might have something to say about that. To say Alcoa didn't want to be in 2a was because of Trezevant is an asinine statement. There is more competition in 3a than in 2a year in and year out.

I'm sure liberty might have something to say about that. To say Alcoa didn't want to be in 2a was because of Trezevant is an asinine statement. There is more competition in 3a than in 2a year in and year out.

That was true statement till Trezevant came to 2a. Watch the rest of playoffs then talk about Trezevant. Ive seen their program for last 5 years and each year the would have beat the brakes off Milan or CPA coming out of west

That was true statement till Trezevant came to 2a. Watch the rest of playoffs then talk about Trezevant. Ive seen their program for last 5 years and each year the would have beat the brakes off Milan or CPA coming out of west

The same Trezevant that got beat 60 to 12 by Greeneville a team Alcoa has beat in the same 5 year period or the Fulton team that beat Trezevant last year another team Alcoa has beat it that same 5 year frame. Yea Trezevant coming to 2a has made 2a stronger because they are a strong team but to say Alcoa was ducking them is just funny.