William Blount @ Science Hill

Governm

Next year will probably be a little better, so that is good. But never count a team out (such as the 2017, 2018 teams)...groups of kids that may not look great as younger players sometimes develop really well in HS under different coaching, and just plain old maturity.

This year's junior class is talented but after that it drops off considerably. If we can't win next year I just don't see us winning anytime soon.

Good win last night for SH. This group of kids are focused and making sure they don't get ahead of themselves. Best senior leadership I have seen since I have been following SH football. Nothing flashy just good hard nosed defense and an offense with leaders that know the commitment it takes to win.

Except for the Maryville game where we lost our QB this team has shown determination and grit. Proud of them!

Go Toppers!

Good win last night for SH. This group of kids are focused and making sure they don't get ahead of themselves. Best senior leadership I have seen since I have been following SH football. Nothing flashy just good hard nosed defense and an offense with leaders that know the commitment it takes to win.

Except for the Maryville game where we lost our QB this team has shown determination and grit. Proud of them!

Go Toppers!

Coaching!

Coaching!

I agree coaching is critical but you also need to have a group of leaders that show they know what it takes to win and be strong enough to mentor and enforce team. This group of seniors since 7th grade have fewer than 10 losses in their football careers. Not many past senior classes have had that type of success at SH.

Coaching, community support and kids that buy into team first is what it takes to have an elite program. Just down the road in Maryville they have proven that formula works.

Go Toppers!

That was a comedy of errors for WB. Just one of those games. I think they lost the ball coming out of the locker room. Yu have a game like that sometimes. I hope to see the boys work hard this week and put together some good games for the end of this season. When you have lost several games it becomes as much about what you are as a man more than what you are as a football player. It would be VERY easy for these boys to give up, but I hope they don't. Go out and give Hardin Valley and Bradley Central all they want...oh yeah and Maryville too :)

That was a comedy of errors for WB. Just one of those games. I think they lost the ball coming out of the locker room. Yu have a game like that sometimes. I hope to see the boys work hard this week and put together some good games for the end of this season. When you have lost several games it becomes as much about what you are as a man more than what you are as a football player. It would be VERY easy for these boys to give up, but I hope they don't. Go out and give Hardin Valley and Bradley Central all they want...oh yeah and Maryville too :)

It won't happen. Bradley Central just beat the crap out of Dobyns Bennett and Hardin Valley is playing good ball too. And we have already given up. We have lost 3 in a row and each loss has been more lopsided than the last. I don't even want to think about playing Bradley Central at their place after they get spanked by Maryville. Because unlike us, they bounce back from bad losses and play well. Edited by Governors91

What I want to know is where were these Running Backs last year when we had no running game early in the season? We dropped the first three games because we had no running game when Fair was out. Those were 3 games we probably would have won if we had gotten the kind of production we are getting out of our backs this year. Our running backs have been one of the only consistent bright spots thus far.

Edited by Governors91

It won't happen. Bradley Central just beat the crap out of Dobyns Bennett and Hardin Valley is playing good ball too. And we have already given up. We have lost 3 in a row and each loss has been more lopsided than the last. I don't even want to think about playing Bradley Central at their place after they get spanked by Maryville. Because unlike us, they bounce back from bad losses and play well.

I disagree, Dobyns Bennett just had an off-night against BC.