South Pittsburg vs Whitwell ( Grider against that Helton man)

Roy Dillard

.PM, Yous a tad testy cause you Vols got beat again! LOPAO........ OP says theys reportedly was a tie between SP & Jasper to play for the Jr high championship! How was the tie? resolved?

you are in the know more than me. I do know how it was resolved, SP was granted the right to go over Jasper plain and simple. If you choose to not reschedule a game to be played at your home, then it sounds like you are forfeiting to me. I'm sure that's how it was looked at.

The above is correct. Vic and Wilson politely declined the chance for their boys to beat Jasper. Funny how that works huh?

Old Pirate ain't sure how this thing works, but talk is the SOS refused to allow Jasper Middle to have the field for the scheduled game or the scheduled makeup game! Figure that means the power...... in charge declined to allow the Pirates to beat Jasper. Funny how that works huh? Recon Jasper needs get the old field fixed up so that mess won't happen again! Yep, recon so

SP did not want to play JMS because if they had LOST they would have been left out of the championship game. By not making up the game it guaranteed them a spot in the championship. Where they scared??????.

Not even close to being scared. I spoke with one of the guys I charge of the SVC and was told this. And it wasn't someone from SP.

The SVC has rules in place just like high schools have TSSAA rules. If there is a tie they first go by head to head. If still a tie then they go by points lost by. In this case SP lost by 2, Jasper lost by 6 I think, and Bledsoe lost by over 20. Based on this it put SP @ 1, Jasper @ 2, and Bledsoe @ 3. This is of course since Jasper and SP never played. The powers that be told me that if a game is not rescheduled and played they do not call it a forfeit or a loss and there is no penalty given for it. Since the powers that be, and again not a person from SP, but a board of SVC folks, decided as a group not to move the championship game back a week to allow SP and Jasper to play their game, the only option was to play it during the same week of another game. So that would have meant that Jasper and Sp would play on like a Monday or Tuesday, then turn around and have to play again against their last regular season game 2 days later on Thrusday. No one wants to do this that is ridiculous. So it was decided to just not play the game as no forfeit or loss for either team. That was approved by the SVC board of persons. Now here is where the controversy comes IMO. How come Bledsoe was allowed as the 3 seed to play in the championship and not Jasper the 2 seed??? The SVC wouldn't tell me anything but I suspect Jasper and Bledsoe worked something out, maybe a coin flip or something. Regardless, SP was in at #1 seed after all said and done. The problem should be between Bledsoe and Jasper.

Edited: IMO - Jasper got screwed

Thank you have a blessed day.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Not even close to being scared. I spoke with one of the guys I charge of the SVC and was told this. And it wasn't someone from SP.

The SVC has rules in place just like high schools have TSSAA rules. If there is a tie they first go by head to head. If still a tie then they go by points lost by. In this case SP lost by 2, Jasper lost by 6 I think, and Bledsoe lost by over 20. Based on this it put SP @ 1, Jasper @ 2, and Bledsoe @ 3. This is of course since Jasper and SP never played. The powers that be told me that if a game is not rescheduled and played they do not call it a forfeit or a loss and there is no penalty given for it. Since the powers that be, and again not a person from SP, but a board of SVC folks, decided as a group not to move the championship game back a week to allow SP and Jasper to play their game, the only option was to play it during the same week of another game. So that would have meant that Jasper and Sp would play on like a Monday or Tuesday, then turn around and have to play again against their last regular season game 2 days later on Thrusday. No one wants to do this that is ridiculous. So it was decided to just not play the game as no forfeit or loss for either team. That was approved by the SVC board of persons. Now here is where the controversy comes IMO. How come Bledsoe was allowed as the 3 seed to play in the championship and not Jasper the 2 seed??? The SVC wouldn't tell me anything but I suspect Jasper and Bledsoe worked something out, maybe a coin flip or something. Regardless, SP was in at #1 seed after all said and done. The problem should be between Bledsoe and Jasper.

Edited: IMO - Jasper got screwed

Thank you have a blessed day.

Is there a north & south? OP ain't falling that mess them Jasper kinfolkes were spewing....anyhow!