Mount Juliet vs Franklin

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending his record, it probably could be a few more wins and few less losses. However I'm trying to open people's eyes to the wide talent gap from 2013 to present. Yes we do have talent, and it's above average at that. If you look at our record 5-4, that's above average. Hence our talent level. 2012 we went undefeated deep into the playoffs. We had multiple playmaking athletes, they had great speed agility etc.... This is what we are lacking, cutting edge playmakers.

Look at the past 20 years and see when MJ had talent at that level. I think you would be surprised. Those years are more exception than normal. Until older Perry got to MJ they were far from world beaters.

How can you prove Hester would do better? My thought process is you give TP another year to prove himself with a lot of returning talent.... If next year goes down the drain than I will totally be on board with you. We still have mcgavock to play, we would go 6-4 and have a favorable first round matchup. The season isn't a complete failure as you make it seem.

Ravenwood is as comparable to MJ as you can get.

-Its a more,"Upscale" area

-The team wasnt taht great before a coach came in and turned things around

-The talent really isnt all that great,mainly because theyre from a certain"area"

You cant keep giving this man chances.

They are doing nothing but regressing. 

2012=Best team evar

Flash forward to offseason,Coach perry falls ill,coach hicks says "imout",coach turchetta says"im out"

2013,4-6,MASSIVE drop off from the previous season,sure they lost alot of players,but lets not BS here,they reloaded.

I can name the players but I dont fee like it atm.

They had  extremely underwhelming wins over the likes of Antioch(36-29 AT HOME),and lebanon(29-8)

Then got absoulutely destroyed by station camp.

Destroyed by blackman

Yes another underwhelming win vs a subpar central team(23-18) that they really should have lost to if they catch a few balls.

Dominated by centennial,flat out outcoached and outplayed.

Lost to a beech team without jalen hurd(AKA a beach team that had similar "talent"

Blasted by hendersonville

Yet another loss to a Gallatin team with "similar talent"(In other words,outcoached)

and an amazing win over portland.

Flash to 2014.

The Jamboree with oakland further proved how far the team had fallen from 2 short years. 41-0 in 2 quarters..jeez.

A 'great' win over a raelly bad lebanon (56-23)

A gritty hard earned win over a really bad antioch team(31-13)

A win over a station camp team in which they SHOULD have won by 50 with their "talent",but yet they only won by 15. I want to say "Outcoached" but eh,they won. thats all that counts.

Blackman-Blasted again

Central,Barely won,were 30-40 yards from losing/OT.

Centennial-Dominated,and outcoached for the 2nd year in a row.

Beech- Another loss in which they were Outcoached

Hendersonville- TP shouldve been fired after this,really. 63 points...

Gallatin- Admittedly MJ got screwed on a pass interference in this game. But they still shouldnt won by multiple touchdowns,but "bad coaching" 

Impressive win over portland

And then blasted by oakland for a second time.

Flash to 2015,MJ is supposed to be 8-2,9-1,maybe even 10-0 with their "easy" schedule and new district. Only challenge for district should be RAVENWOOD right!?

Team is 5-4. With wins over aforementioned subpar teams(lebanon,antioch,central,overton,franklin counter).

The only win of note was vs Overton,and arguably,they shouldve lost that,hey trailed 14-0. 

They played good vs ravenwood,but I think that was more of ravenwood playing down to them. Or maybe T got outcoached yet  again.

For a PROGRAM WITH THE STANDARDS THAT MOUNT JULIET AND ROGER PERRY HAVE SET,THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE. Its that simple!

Hes had chance after chance.

Either git rid of him now,or continue to sink from the Glory Dayz.

However,the problem might be,that MJ cant hihre a coach thats better. Unfortunate. Guys like Big Perry only come along once is a lifetime,I guess.

But anyway.

I dont have a problem with TP as a man. I would let him raise and take care of my children.

He is a very good family man/man of god outside of football, and thats very respectable.

but he's just not that good of a head coach in the win column.... Im sorry,but facts are facts. 

Overton is 5-4 with Region wins over Antioch and Lebanon.  Hardly makes for a good argument on your part. Although they did beat a Franklin team that embarrassed you Friday.

A true statement lol or do you mean a needless opinion...

Let's see. Overton IS 5-4 with wins over Antioch and Lebanon as well as Franklin which was indeed embarrassing in the way the Rebels handled you. And it does hardly make for any kind of logical argument. That makes the whole thing a true statement. The needless opinions are yours champ. I speak truths. Keep embarrassing yourself.

Let's see. Overton IS 5-4 with wins over Antioch and Lebanon as well as Franklin which was indeed embarrassing in the way the Rebels handled you. And it does hardly make for any kind of logical argument. That makes the whole thing a true statement. The needless opinions are yours champ. I speak truths. Keep embarrassing yourself.

I don't argue with the "always right never wrong" people like you. It just shows you're a narcissistic, arrogant person. So I'll exit out of this now, because I'll never be right according to you...

In truth, its as much as MJ's fault as it is Perry's. There has been several instances of coaches failing to live up to the career of their father. Why MJ thought TP would be any different, I'm not sure

The reason I thought there would be no change in the program and the winning ways of Roger Perry was the that Coach T had been an assistant coach under his dad for a number of years. He saw and was a part of how Coach Perry did things on and off the field and that Coach Perry was still on the staff to fall back to for advice and  ask questions .

No there was not the speed of the 2011 and 2012 teams; but the there was plenty of talent on the 2013 and 2014 teams to be better than they were. The 2013 team returned all but one starter on the D line which rotated 7. They were one of the keys to making it to the 2012 semi finals. Following year after coaching changes they were a big disappointment. How does this happen? Did players just decide not to play hard ?

Edited by BKisler

The reason I thought there would be no change in the program and the winning ways of Roger Perry was the that Coach T had been an assistant coach under his dad for a number of years. He saw and was a part of how Coach Perry did things on and off the field and that Coach Perry was still on the staff to fall back to for advice and  ask questions .

No there was not the speed of the 2011 and 2012 teams; but the there was plenty of talent on the 2013 and 2014 teams to be better than they were. The 2013 team returned all but one starter on the D line which rotated 7. They were one of the keys to making it to the 2012 semi finals. Following year after coaching changes they were a big disappointment. How does this happen? Did players just decide not to play hard ?

Don't think players did not want to play hard, but I will say there were not many Jimmy and Joe's.  Everyone around the program knew it was going to be a drop off from previous years because of talent level.  Parents do not want to hear that but it was true. 

By the way Coach Turchetta took on a head coaching job in which he wanted to get back into.  Who would blame him?  Coach Hicks decided to coach at a school that is like 2 miles from his house. 

Last thing, over the past couple of post you had stated about certain players not being put into a magazine.  Is that your issue with MJ?  Your son was obviously not "playing the right spot" according to you and a running back was not put in a magazine?

Don't think players did not want to play hard, but I will say there were not many Jimmy and Joe's.  Everyone around the program knew it was going to be a drop off from previous years because of talent level.  Parents do not want to hear that but it was true. 

By the way Coach Turchetta took on a head coaching job in which he wanted to get back into.  Who would blame him?  Coach Hicks decided to coach at a school that is like 2 miles from his house. 

Last thing, over the past couple of post you had stated about certain players not being put into a magazine.  Is that your issue with MJ?  Your son was obviously not "playing the right spot" according to you and a running back was not put in a magazine?

I have no issue with MJ. Never said my son was not playing the right spot. He was moved from ILB to DT because he was the strongest on the team and they needed help on D line. 74tackles, 5, sacks, 14 TFL's and a pick ; I would say that was a good year for D tackle.

My point about magazine was at if you were not  favorite; then you were not going to get the recognition you deserved. Hate seeing young men work their tale off and not being treated right.

I'm  fully aware of what coaches left and why they left.

Edited by BKisler