Dobyns Bennett vs Jeff County

DBGRAD70

I don't necessarily think it's all on Barrett, Salyers, Flemming, Holt and company. Yea, things could change. Things need to change. The way I see it, the players are on the field. It's not just the Secondary. It mostly is buuuuttttt a handful of passing yards today came from screens across the middle of the line or the end. I propose we stop bashing coaches and players and get behind them. Get behind GC. If he were to hang it up this year, let's give him an ovation Friday night when we host those guys down I26

I hope those young men that got hurt during the game will be ok.One was very hard to hear about from how it was explained on the radio. Very bad injury and knowing what a good young man and how much his mom cares for him, didn't help anything.I just hope the medical personnel takes care of him and he and his family will be ok.

• Upvote 1

I don't necessarily think it's all on Barrett, Salyers, Flemming, Holt and company. Yea, things could change. Things need to change. The way I see it, the players are on the field. It's not just the Secondary. It mostly is buuuuttttt a handful of passing yards today came from screens across the middle of the line or the end. I propose we stop bashing coaches and players and get behind them. Get behind GC. If he were to hang it up this year, let's give him an ovation Friday night when we host those guys down I26

If not for the Super32, DB vs. Crockett would have been a good game this year.

Well for now it's on to Science Hill next week to determine 6A supremacy in NET, I'm sure there will be a thread started on that one soon

supremacy and NET just looks odd in the same sentence.

Bashing is a little strong of a word to use in this case. As for me I'm simply using my right as a city tax payer to point out that a city worker is not doing the job that I am paying him to do. The way I see it, (and I'm pretty sure the stats and facts back me up) DB would have only one loss at this point if we had even a average coach on the defense side of the ball. I'll walk that back just a tad. Holt is a pretty good coach. The rest, Salyers, Flemming and Barrett have no business coaching at the high school level. A lot of people have laid the blame on coach Clark but as far as coaching ability I still think he's still got it. How would you like to sit down and come up with a offensive game plan knowing that your defense probably couldn't slow down a middle school team (yes it's really that bad). Now maybe it's Clarks own doing, I don't know. I still can't find out who is responsible for these hires. If it is Clark then he is his own worst enemy here. I do know this for a fact. When DB started taking a slide backwards in all sports was the very day that this current so called athletic director took the job. It still boggles my mind why you would name a guy as AD that had just finished single handedly destroying your basketball program. The problem with the football team is not the players. If they come back with these same coaches on the defense side next year DB will not win a single game. Have to make a change.