6AAA Girls

Nortney

I don't know if York can beat Upperman or Livingston. I know we should be competitive with every team in 8-AA, and in my opinion will match up better with Upperman athlete wise than most.

But I think we could beat Cookeville if WC is supposed to be competitive with Cookeville after giving WC a outright gift W last night we should be competitive and possibly beat Cookeville this year, we play them twice, it wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact I'll be a little disappointed if we don't.

But we shall see.

Fellas - any given night right? Do you really think any team looks forward to playing Upperman,last years Cannon County/The Lady Warriors? Nope. Years move on - seasons change - seniors graduate and a new round of basketball babies are raised. Just guessing that some of you probably have a young lady playing in either 8AA or 6AAA and have done great jobs at raising strong willed, athletic, type A meat eaters. When seasons end and your packing up to head to a sub state or state game - none of them are easy. Those teams are there for a reason - mostly because they've dominated and stayed focused. I saw a girl in Sparta that was an athlete - an accident happened - probably never play again - I pray for the health of your daughters and that they have a challenging and rewarding HS career. Now come on - let it play out on the court.....these years will pass faster than u can imagine - enjoy it cause "your going to miss this".....

• Upvote 1

Repo, Thanks, you made my point. We should have beat Smith big, but we didn't. We also should have beat York by 30. Instead, we barely get out with a "W". Not because we were the better team, but because York's coach give it to us. Its exactly what I'm saying. Our new "Bush League" coach, still coaches like he's in the bush league. We are the ugliest winning team I've seen in a while. And when we get to our district play, we wont be as lucky as to run into a coach like York's.

If there happens to be an 'Idiot of the year' award in White Co., you should be at the top of the list.

why can't we all just get along people? lol

Some of these people don't realize that this Upper Cumberland girls basketball and the size of the school don't matter.  Only 5 players are allowed on the court for each team. This area is a hot bed for girls basketball. Sometimes it's harder to get out of the district, up here, than to get to the 'boro. These teams beat up on each other during the season and that's what makes them strong and makes it fun to watch.

Edited by jimbo44