6AAA Girls

Nortney

What makes the route so different? Is it that they don't schedule a lot of team during the season that are one or two classes below them? Maybe they are better prepared? What exactly makes there route so much easier?? My point was that Cookeville should have an easy route with a school of there size.

Edited by UTRok

Well so basically since Sparta is so great, in such a tough district ,they shouldn't play down against local upper Cumberland teams with low enrollments. Then schedule farraguts Maryville Baylor so u can be prepared. Whatalosser? York's coach lost the game better be glad she stalled. .

Repo, Thanks, you made my point. We should have beat Smith big, but we didn't. We also should have beat York by 30. Instead, we barely get out with a "W". Not because we were the better team, but because York's coach give it to us. Its exactly what I'm saying. Our new "Bush League" coach, still coaches like he's in the bush league. We are the ugliest winning team I've seen in a while. And when we get to our district play, we wont be as lucky as to run into a coach like York's.

York is better than Cookeville and Warren don't know bout rhea county sayin 8 aa is "Bush league" is weak and clueless. I think sparta,Livingston upperman, clarkrange,Jackson county,pickett,crossville could beat each other on any given night,so sayin 6aaa vs 8aa be bush league vs NASCAR is crazy.

Why would anyone think the White County girls team that was on the floor should beat York by 30?  York had the most talent on the floor by a fairly wide margin in my opinion.  More athletic by far, quicker, better ballhandling, etc.  York has been down for a number of years and are playing a majority of young players.  Losses like they had last night against WC are part of the process of becoming a winning program.

Dodgen has only been at WC for about 5 months.  Hard to develop talent at the HS level in 5 months.  That has to happen in elementary and middle school.  Dodgen built Cannon Co up from nothing into a contender every year.  Pretty sure it took him longer than 5 months to do it though.

If WC is the second best team in 6AAA (as has been claimed in several posts), then that district must be fairly weak.  If I had to rank the top ten girls teams in the Upper Cumberland WC would barely make the list.  Maybe they just had a bad game last night, but as limited as they are athletically, it will be hard to overcome this season in my opinion.  If they are 500 at the end of the season I would think that was pretty solid based on what I saw last night.

I would think Dodgen is doing a pretty impressive job to be 3-0 with that team.

Top Ten Upper Cumberland Teams:

1.  CCHS

2.  Upperman/Pickett County

4.  Livingston/Jackson County

6.  Cookeville

7.  Clarkrange

8.  York

9.  Macon County/White County

You have not seen White Co games . They are playing ugly . Dodgen has not done an impressive job yet . Time will tell . York is not very good . Basketball is 5 players and a can beat aaa at times . I also agree White Co is pretty weak right now . Beating us wouldn't a big deal right now . Cumberland Co is the best team in upper Cumberland by far . When teams play good teams , coaching is a factor . 

By the way , somebody needs to tell Swallows that our colors are marron and gray , not black . Travel clothes for team is black . Unacceptable , buying black clothes with team money .White Co does not wear black !!!!!!!!!!  Principal or AD should trash these black clothes . Disgrace to White Co .

Sparta has two of the top players in the district in Luna and Leftwich with Quillen not far behind . Right now any team in the district will not be easy . Luna and Leftwich could play on any team . We are not as weak as you say . New systems take time . Time will tell . I pick Sparta 3rd behind Cookeville , hope i'm wrong .