District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Harpeth is going to be flat they gave it all agsinst chetham and westmoreland will grudge out an ugly win . The championship game should be an up down game and very exciting but could turn into a blowout if white house is not careful . White House has to be hitting shots and keep CC off the offensive boards not just Douglas . This White House team is different than the team that lost the last three of reg season . They have that look in their eye and they aren't panicking when they get down . Believe down 14 to sycamore and 6 or 8 to westmoreland . Great atmosphere ,

The Cubs are playing in their 5th consecutive District Tournament Championship Game. They've won three in a row and can make it a four-peat tomorrow night. That would be an incredible accomplishment for their seniors this year to be able to say that they never failed to capture a district regular season or tournament title.

The Cubs are playing in their 5th consecutive District Tournament Championship Game. They've won three in a row and can make it a four-peat tomorrow night. That would be an incredible accomplishment for their seniors this year to be able to say that they never failed to capture a district regular season or tournament title.

Do you think Douglas will get Mr. Basketball?  Has Cheatham ever had one? 

Very impressive win for the Cubs tonight.  Blew White House out from the tip off.  The Devils will gain some E from that other than that just best to forget about it and go on.  Cheatham celebrates another victory tonight.  Douglas was spectacular as usual as well as his running mates.  Best of luck to both schools next week.  I look for Cheatham to win and get this-White House to pull an upset! WOW!  Yes, i said it.  I think they will bounce back next week and play like they have been before the debacle tonight.  Oh well, that's my three cents worth.  Congrats Cubs.

Cheatham has never had a mr basketball winner. Stack didn't win it in 94 or 95.Neither did Trenton or Shawn. All were NBA players but didn't win it.

Cheatham will be the only team to win in regionals. They should beat Hume Fogg but will probably have there season end in round 2 against Maplewood. Whites creek would have been a better matchup.

Edited by Bamapappy

Cheatham has never had a mr basketball winner. Stack didn't win it in 94 or 95.Neither did Trenton or Shawn. All were NBA players but didn't win it.

Cheatham will be the only team to win in regionals. They should beat Hume Fogg but will probably have there season end in round 2 against Maplewood. Whites creek would have been a better matchup.

Whites Creek won 2 out of 3 games against Maplewood this year. It sounds like they are both very strong teams and I'm sure they both have a wealth of athleticism.

Hats off to Coach Stuart and the Cubs for winning a 4th Consecutive District Tournament Championship. In the last 5 seasons the Cubs have won 5 Straight Regular Season District Titles and won the District Tournament 4 of those times (finishing as the runner-up the other time). That's truly an incredible run of basketball. In fact during that period of time the Cubs overall record is 120-22 over the last 5 years. This year's group of seniors have an overall mark of 96-14 and have swept the district regular season and tournament championships every year.

Good Luck to the Cubs in the Region 5 Tournament. Hume-Fogg does not have a great record but they seem to be playing much better of late having won two games in their district tourney.

Whites creek has a guy 6'9 from Sudan . Not real athletic team like most nashville schools . Maplewood dominated the championship game until midway thru the 4th they blew a 17 point lead and lost in OT . Really ready to see maplewood and chetham . Hodges VS. Douglas . Hope it happens . CC unless they get any transfers in I say their run is over . Saunders will be pretty good and shine with Douglass out of the way . Mayberry should be another solid player . I guess we will really see Stuart's coaching really come out . Good luck to all 9AA teams this Saturday

Ruot monyyong is the 6ft9 kid. The creek has serious size besides him. Maplewood was more skilled and athletic and should have taken 2 of 3. They are the better team and let it slip away.

I was wanting cubs vs maplewood in region finals and now it will be a round earlier and a good team is going to miss out on a sub state chance. That's no disrespect to whites creek by the way they did what they needed to do.

Edited by Bamapappy

I predicted last year white house would have a young team playing for the ship. Guess i was right.  With that being said congrats to CC on the last 3 year on champs of the district.  Hope y'all represent and go far this post season... enjoy it cause its over.  White House will now run things again.  Ill say they will take 3 straight championships now.  Hopefully Tyler Welch will get the reins next year.  Freshman Jared Ward matured a lot this year.  White House loses one important player in luke hopkins.  They will replace him with a stud so its all good.  Good luck to all in the region!!

I predicted last year white house would have a young team playing for the ship. Guess i was right. With that being said congrats to CC on the last 3 year on champs of the district. Hope y'all represent and go far this post season... enjoy it cause its over. White House will now run things again. Ill say they will take 3 straight championships now. Hopefully Tyler Welch will get the reins next year. Freshman Jared Ward matured a lot this year. White House loses one important player in luke hopkins. They will replace him with a stud so its all good. Good luck to all in the region!!

Cheatham will win it again next year. If the last 5 years tell you anything it's that they don't "rebuild" but instead they "reload" in Ashland City. They lost Brinkley, Conner, Potts, Bose, etc. and still won. They lost Harlan, Saunders, etc. and have continued to win. They'll lose Douglass, Goode, and Lipscomb and they'll keep on winning. Chalunsak, Harlan, Jenkins, Saunders, Mayberry, etc. are all back next year. There are some guys at CCCHS who may not play basketball who will probably play next year and be studs. Trust me when I say the Cubs will still be the team to beat in the district next year.

Edited by LBD