Open Enrollment

Intense

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just said a mouth full. But then again how rural is rural. I guess you just start with Cloudland and work you're way up.

let me determine who's rural and who's not! lol....that would be an issue deciding that and the schools that were on the edge of either and got put were they didn't want would be screaming. I can tell you whats not rural......basically everyone with the $$$ for artificial grass!

let me determine who's rural and who's not! lol....that would be an issue deciding that and the schools that were on the edge of either and got put were they didn't want would be screaming. I can tell you whats not rural......basically everyone with the $$$ for artificial grass!

Rural and Urban is exactly what needs to be done. 

I can tell you whats not rural......basically everyone with the $$$ for artificial grass!

+10000000. I think it's an absolute shame that a school like Coalfield with 170 kids had to play UC for the championship last year who has about 400 kids..... And fake grass. 1A schools can't afford fake grass. Its bs to have to play someone twice your size for the championship. Only one team in the state plays teams twice their size and wins and that's Maryville(about 1100 students).

Pujo......do you mean they have actually solved the public-private thing-a-ma-jig? :rolleyes:

However, as your side kick I do agree with your assessment....! When Murfreesboro starts trying to open enroll their schools some big school is going to start smoking even the likes of Maryville! Of course it won't take long to figure out which team it is if it ever happened! :o

Kazzy

Not likely. Maryville will remain the gold standard among large schools as long as GQ is there. You don't beat them by having more talent, you beat them by executing and keeping mistakes to a bare minimum, something no RuCo school has done

The public private thing will sort itself out with the new classes in 2017. As for open zone? That's a tough one because we have all sorts of problems with that one. Some schools are open zone, but don't bus kids except for the immediate area. Some zones will bus kids across a town or county. Other schools such as magnet schools like Tyner and Liberty should have to go with the orivates or get a multiplier because they can bus kids across the entire county to come to their school. No difference in magnet and privates except one doesn't hurt the checkbook.

Liberty does not bus kids that live out of the Liberty zone. I know cause I work in the system.

+10000000. I think it's an absolute shame that a school like Coalfield with 170 kids had to play UC for the championship last year who has about 400 kids..... And fake grass. 1A schools can't afford fake grass. Its bs to have to play someone twice your size for the championship. Only one team in the state plays teams twice their size and wins and that's Maryville(about 1100 students).

No fake grass at UC .

You can do that when you have one of the best staff's in the country like Maryville does