Wilson Central vs Overton

BKisler

It could be, but making a desperate move like that makes me worry if Dedman's job is in jeopardy

I wouldn't have any idea. My son is a senior and will be playing on Saturdays next year in spite of how this year went. I like coach Dedman and I'm happy that my son played for him. Since I played and coached basketball I could never give a qualified opinion on any football coaches ability or status.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have any idea. My son is a senior and will be playing on Saturdays next year in spite of how this year went. I like coach Dedman and I'm happy that my son played for him. Since I played and coached basketball I could never give a qualified opinion on any football coaches ability or status.

Don't know the man but heard nothing but good things about him and had a pretty solid rep as a DC. Looked up his record and he's 27-34 in his 6th year with no wins in the playoffs.

Not advocating his termination but good coaches have been fired for less

On the bright side Yeldarb mentioned they are returning many starters next year, could be a good year for the Wildcats next year. Will they still lose to MJ? We all know the answer to that.

Like I've said many times this is my kids school not mine. I personally don't like either one but they were better than metro schools that's why we moved out here. He would've been at DCA after his freshman year if I could've talked him into it because I sure tried. i really won't care who wins that game next year.

Continue to settle into the new offense that we changed to after the Franklin game. After 8 weeks we went to a pro style offense and away from the wing t. It worked somewhat against Ravenwood but with only a couple weeks to practice it we kept stalling out after a couple first downs. That also has a lot to do with Ravenwood. We have to play solid run defense up the middle which has been hard for us this year. So far we have been unable to consistently stop the inside run. When #45 and #23 are able to play defense it really strengthens it. Problem is, to much defense gets them tired on offense.

May come down to if they care or not. Sometimes it looks like a lot of the younger kids are just going through the motion just to get to next year. It's hard to win with 7 seniors seeing playing time.

Did not know that they had switched from their wing "O"; they were in wing when we played game # 1. We were fortunate to win.

What has happened to them? They have always run that stuff!, and they looked pretty good week # 1

Don't they have Aric (former HC and the big wing guy) on staff. When he was there before as HC..........they were very slick with that offense; In fact; we  copied some of the jet stuff at Beech. It was our big play when we beat Columbia for stste title.

He was our HC here at Beech a few years back; we ran mostly "I" when he was here before........if I remember correctly.

Go Bucs.............beat the Borros.

Did not know that they had switched from their wing "O"; they were in wing when we played game # 1. We were fortunate to win.

What has happened to them? They have always run that stuff!, and they looked pretty good week # 1

Don't they have Aric (former HC and the big wing guy) on staff. When he was there before as HC..........they were very slick with that offense; In fact; we copied some of the jet stuff at Beech. It was our big play when we beat Columbia for stste title.

He was our HC here at Beech a few years back; we ran mostly "I" when he was here before........if I remember correctly.

Aric wasn't the reason why it worked; it worked because they had Wes Elrod on staff. Had they not run off Dewayne Alexander, WC would have been a force to reckon with, but I digress

Don't they have Aric (former HC and the big wing guy) on staff. When he was there before as HC..........they were very slick with that offense; In fact; we  copied some of the jet stuff at Beech. It was our big play when we beat Columbia for stste title.

They left the wing t after the Franklin debacle.Yes coach Aric is the offensive line coach. I know he was a HC here a few years ago but that's all I know.

WC needs a change, been the same people around the program for a long time.  Administration may be part of the issue as well.  Dedman seems to be a nice guy but I hear there is not much structure or discipline.  I agree and don't think anyone is thinking region or state championship but being competitive is another issue.  I don't wish any bad will to Dedman as he has never been anything but nice to me but those kids deserve better.  And if you have seen them play and the athletes they have you would think they should be better, they definitely pass the eye test.  Be interesting to see what happens but my guess is no changes coming at WC.

I played under Coach Dedman, he is a great man and a great coach. He inherited a horrible team that coach Aric left behind in his first couple of years. Then had a really good year after some players developed in his system. He had a bad playoff draw with a very good 2012 team that had to go to Brentwood as a 7 seed. (The Beech Loss killed us). The difference between now and then is that Roundtree has been the only decent QB to come through the program in his time as Head Coach. They haven't really been able to throw it so, everyone stacks the box against them. It's hard to win when everyone know what you're going to do.