Harp's Last Game At Lebanon

Rade Butcher

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is 62 years old and can't relate to young kids anymore. They are losing kids in the program. What on earth is Medley's "job" anyhow? I never said Harp doesn't deserve respect...he has certainly earned it as a coach...he just doesn't need to be coaching at Lebanon. I disagree with your statement that Lebanon will never be any good...that is a defeatist attitude and is totally wrong but you know that may be a big part of the problem.

Do you really think the age of the coach is the issue? I guess its time for Quarrels and Rankin to retire as well. But wait . . .

I don't think it would take long to turn around Lebanon. Call me crazy or stupid or whatever but I think if the right coach came in and got the kids excited in could be done in as little as a year. A lot would have to go right and you would have to get a few leaders to buy in. One decent season and others would become interested. One really good year and the culture would change. Maintaining the new culture would be the real challenge imo.

I don't think it would take long to turn around Lebanon. Call me crazy or stupid or whatever but I think if the right coach came in and got the kids excited in could be done in as little as a year. A lot would have to go right and you would have to get a few leaders to buy in. One decent season and others would become interested. One really good year and the culture would change. Maintaining the new culture would be the real challenge imo.

Work if a job at Lebanon or WC opened would you apply?

JCraig - I would apply to both.  I am much like you once were and may still be......hungry.  I think both jobs would be a good fit for me and I think I would be a good fit for both jobs.  I think I could really do good things with both programs.  Just need that chance, a chance I am not getting where I am. 

On a side not Mr. JCraig - I am sure you don't remember but a long time ago I told you on here that if you needed help I would be willing.  You were hungry back then.  Are you still and would you apply?  Don't let your last stop ruin your appetite for leading a program.  I knew all along you were in a bad situation and one of these two you mentioned could be a nice place.  Where you are now could be a nice place for you too.

I will always be hungry. I am happy where I am and I believe my last job made me a lot better coach dealing with what we delt with during my stint. If you ever need anything you know where to find me. As far as future jobs...We will just have to see. That being said I will be a HC again I'm sure.

Edited by jcraigp23

JCraig - I would apply to both. I am much like you once were and may still be......hungry. I think both jobs would be a good fit for me and I think I would be a good fit for both jobs. I think I could really do good things with both programs. Just need that chance, a chance I am not getting where I am.

On a side not Mr. JCraig - I am sure you don't remember but a long time ago I told you on here that if you needed help I would be willing. You were hungry back then. Are you still and would you apply? Don't let your last stop ruin your appetite for leading a program. I knew all along you were in a bad situation and one of these two you mentioned could be a nice place. Where you are now could be a nice place for you too.

Ok... Makes me wonder, who are you two??

Ok... Makes me wonder, who are you two??

Obviously 2 former head coaches who were fired and now want a 2nd chance. Now let's look at KY hs coaches who were at Lebanon. Jim Meyer in the late 60's or early 70's was 2-18 and was run out on a rail...maybe as much for rumored brutality and running off every black athlete in the school than his coaching. Fred Gibson was 0-10 in the late 70's. He was run out due to incompetence more than anything else. Ironically both went back to KY and won state titles. Meyer even became an assistant for the Dallas Cowboys and is mentioned in Hollywood Henderson's book as one crazy sucker.

Wow fb247 you act as if you know me and as if you know how I teach/coach. You have a right to your opinion but I'm confident your opinion is a minority opinion. I would be a great choice for a lot of schools in my opinion. 

I never met a coach that didn't think they would be a great fit for any school...in their opinion of course.