DB RETURNS TO THE BORO TO BATTLE THE BLAZE.

I have to now admit it, not everyone predicted a blowout last week.I bet on DB against Science Hill .It wasn't a blind fan bet either because I've been pretty pizzed this year at a couple of people for having their heads up their backsides as far as DB football goes.I bet on DB because I knew they still have enough good players and coaches to compete against Science Hill if the situation was right.Friday was that night because of several different things including a very fine game plan going in.It was the seniors last home game and the players and coaches gave it all they had.Now, without all the things that have happened over several months and no finger pointing, DB is going against one of the very best teams in the state this week and it would be easy to just concede this game if you were all but a handful of teams.I guarantee you that nomatter what the odds, I know a few of these players and coaches and they will fight to the end .Hearing 45 say the Blackman coach is going to put them though it today and not overlook DB , let's us all know they didn't get around the top by accident and it will take everyone giving their best effort for the Tribe.Roll Tribe

He mentioned DB in a local football coaches radio show that features the Coaches from Oakland , Blackman ,Siegel and Riverdale . He said "You look at DB Maryville and the top teams in the state and the common denominator is they all take care of the little things. It is how they practice, weight lift, watch film, prepare their minds for a game. They are great because they pay attention to the little things. Look, we can't control anything DB does, but we have all the power to control what we do and how we prepare, It is a new season and the team that does the best preparing, planning and taking care of the small things for the next 5 weeks will be the one left standing"  Fingers crossed that we can do that 

That's true but that doesn't mean that BC was the better team, DB lost that one due to bad play calling and suspect coaching of the d-backs.     You have no idea how the moral victory against Science Hill last week is going to ignite this team.     Also, DB has a reputation for winning big in the regular season and getting bounced in the playoffs, this is because the regular season is against a lot of local cupcakes.    But this year there was only one cupcake Tri-cities team on the schedule, so don't let the 4-6 record fool you, by playing better competition week-in and week-out DB is way better prepared for the playoffs this year than in times past.

You're killing me.

He mentioned DB in a local football coaches radio show that features the Coaches from Oakland , Blackman ,Siegel and Riverdale . He said "You look at DB Maryville and the top teams in the state and the common denominator is they all take care of the little things. It is how they practice, weight lift, watch film, prepare their minds for a game. They are great because they pay attention to the little things. Look, we can't control anything DB does, but we have all the power to control what we do and how we prepare, It is a new season and the team that does the best preparing, planning and taking care of the small things for the next 5 weeks will be the one left standing" Fingers crossed that we can do that

you have a good coach and he is the one doing the little things.The best thing he said was you can't be 2-0 in the playoffs if your not 1-0 first.Never overlook a team or any opponent when it comes to sports.I remember Iron Mike getting knocked out by a nobody when he was the baddest man alive, almost !

If Blackman comes out throwing it might be over after the first qtr. It's pretty much pitch, catch and run. DB has a pretty good offense when their in the right frame of mind. I laugh at you calling Science Hill very good. They are average and not one of the big boys of 6A. DB played on emotion and Carter didn't notice from game film that he could throw on DB. That's why it was close.

Maybe Science Hill is average, but they are ranked #7 in 6A this week.     So let's say that DB won a moral victory over the 7th best team in 6A and leave it at that.      And besides, losing to Science Hill (i.e., playing better competition) actually makes DB better that say beating Volunteer 71-3.     DB has lost to several good teams this year, therefore they are actually way more ready for the playoffs than even Science Hill.     I would still pick Blackman to win but not by the blowout margin being predicted.      Heck if Blackman had to drive to Kingsport that might even things up, but it is what it is.    Good luck Indians as you represent the Tri-cities in mid TN.

DB has some disadvantages coming into this game.

Obviously, the 5-6 drive down is not the usual commute to an away game (although it's getting closer with the Super 32). Does that have an impact to the mental aspect of the game?

The DB players expensed a lot of emotion playing their rival last week. How well has the coaching staff helped these guys get back on track and focused on Friday's game?

Have these players bought into the "one-and-done" stigma?

It is probable that Blackman, as a team, has more talented players than DB.

DB will need a strong 1st quarter, either by play or by luck, to be in this game in the 2nd half.

DB has some disadvantages coming into this game.

Obviously, the 5-6 drive down is not the usual commute to an away game (although it's getting closer with the Super 32). Does that have an impact to the mental aspect of the game?

The DB players expensed a lot of emotion playing their rival last week. How well has the coaching staff helped these guys get back on track and focused on Friday's game?

Have these players bought into the "one-and-done" stigma?

It is probable that Blackman, as a team, has more talented players than DB.

DB will need a strong 1st quarter, either by play or by luck, to be in this game in the 2nd half.

All those things you mentioned could play a factor. However you left out the biggest and most glaring problem DB faces. Terrible secondary and below average defense in general. Blackman will score early and often.

All those things you mentioned could play a factor. However you left out the biggest and most glaring problem DB faces. Terrible secondary and below average defense in general. Blackman will score early and often.

I have heard that and, obviously, you most likely have seen that weak defense.

Why did SH not score more?

I have heard that and, obviously, you most likely have seen that weak defense.

Why did SH not score more?

A number of reasons I think. DB played with emotion it being a rival game and the first game Clark was back after the loss of his daughter. Also Science Hills coaching staff is no better than DB's. A average quarterback can put up over 400 yrds on DB's secondary. A good quarterback can put up over 600. Check the stats.

A number of reasons I think. DB played with emotion it being a rival game and the first game Clark was back after the loss of his daughter. Also Science Hills coaching staff is no better than DB's. A average quarterback can put up over 400 yrds on DB's secondary. A good quarterback can put up over 600. Check the stats.

Am I mistaken in thinking that the SH coach came from South? If he did, I thought he did a great job there.

I think you hit on the key to many high school football games - emotion.

That is why I indicated that the 1st Qtr is important for DB to still be in this game in the 2nd half.

If Blackman lacks the emotion because they think they have more talent (and do) and if DB plays like they have something to prove (and do), then DB has a shot. However, if DB accepts that they are a 1-and-done playoff team, they might as well not get on the bus.

I'm not sure I can get over for the game but I hope it is an exciting one.