Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

One question if wc#2 stats were correct on Bituli, with only 50 tackles in 10 games, why was he even nominated? Thsee awards are supposed to be best HIGH SCHOOL players for 2015, not best potential players at next level based on their size. Just asking not demeaning this particular player I've not seen him play, but if the 50 is accurate that seems a bit questionable.

I guess you would have to ask the fans of the teams who have played against him, maybe Trousdale since that game is fresh. He's the real deal.

He probably hasn't played second half of a lot of games. What people that haven't seen him don't realize is that he is a game changer. Teams will change their offensive scheme because of him. I guarantee that before every snap, the qb will find him first. He blitzes from all over and disrupts the play when not in on the tackle. I seen him up close and he's not your average 6'3 235 lb guy. He is solid muscle

He probably hasn't played second half of a lot of games. What people that haven't seen him don't realize is that he is a game changer. Teams will change their offensive scheme because of him. I guarantee that before every snap, the qb will find him first. He blitzes from all over and disrupts the play when not in on the tackle. I seen him up close and he's not your average 6'3 235 lb guy. He is solid muscle

I got a good look at him during our game against them and u got that right he is a beast!

And if he had good tackling form he would be dangerous. He just grabs people up high and throws um down, He's a beastly beast

Congrats to Winn.I feel the same way about Wilkes.Wilkes had over 2700 yards last year counting 3 rounds in the playoffs.This year he finished with 2346 yards and 34 touchdowns which averages out to 230 yards a game and 3 touchdowns every game.He finished with 5,098 yards rushing the past 2 years.And played both ways every down and all punts and kickoffs.So had more yards really than last year and played on a worse team.The quarterback quit after game 8 this yearand made it even tougher.With the quarterback no longer part of the equation and helping Wilkes getting the ball or faking the ball to Wilkes,Wilkes had to start playing QB.With no help at all,no other running backs,he was forced to run the QB postition from the Wildcat.Every play was run left,right or up the middle,with the other teams defender's knowing Wilkes was going to run the ball.Wilkes went out those last 2 games and put up close to 200 yards against Union City who probaly didnt allow a hunderd yard rusher all year and in the last game against Humboldt,rushed for 303 yards against Humboldt.and completed 4 of 7 passes and had 7 tackles on defense.But no matters,congrats to all the candidates

Congrats to Wilkes! Always good to see a hardworking kid with a never give up attitude get rewarded.

again your are listing his size and hype, end of day awards should be on merrit. I'm not saying huntingdon is being snubbed, what I'm saying is there is probably 100 more lineman in 1A with almost double that output. My argument is the award has drifted to college potential that does not always pan out and some really exceptional high school players get looked over because they were just awesome highs choose players with awesome stats but have a high school frame not a D1 frame. It should be best player on Merritt of the year, not what they MIGHT do at the next level. The playing time has no meaning either, Huntingdon first team has played 4 qtrs in 3 games all year as well and still have 3 or 4 players with more tackles. I'm just question the system and methiology of the process not necessarily Bituli himself, again I've not seen him play.

again your are listing his size and hype, end of day awards should be on merrit. I'm not saying huntingdon is being snubbed, what I'm saying is there is probably 100 more lineman in 1A with almost double that output. My argument is the award has drifted to college potential that does not always pan out and some really exceptional high school players get looked over because they were just awesome highs choose players with awesome stats but have a high school frame not a D1 frame. It should be best player on Merritt of the year, not what they MIGHT do at the next level. The playing time has no meaning either, Huntingdon first team has played 4 qtrs in 3 games all year as well and still have 3 or 4 players with more tackles. I'm just question the system and methiology of the process not necessarily Bituli himself, again I've not seen him play.

I didn't list his size or hype. I asked that you listen to the people that have witnessed his play up close. If he isn't worthy of the award, his opponents will speak up. I laugh every time I read the stats in the paper and the same teams have six guys in the leaders in tackles. If you go by that Harpeth should have 3 guys up for awards. Win this week and you can judge for yourself,