Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

Each classification could field at least one completely different set of semifinalists besides these. Every one of these players has some comparable competition statistically, athletically, and with character.  That's what makes football in TN great.  It boils down to most coaches using their vote on their own player, but only a handful that vote outside their team or region.  I'd say as far as coaches votes, none of the players got a unanimous vote.  Regardless, congratulations to all these young men.  They have all worked their tails off, and will get some recognition.  I think, however, each one would tell you that he would trade the newspaper clipping, bronze and wood for a gold ball.  I know the two at CA south would.

Congrats to Winn.I feel the same way about Wilkes.Wilkes had over 2700 yards last year counting 3 rounds in the playoffs.This year he finished with 2346 yards and 34 touchdowns which averages out to 230 yards a game and 3 touchdowns every game.He finished with 5,098 yards rushing the past 2 years.And played both ways every down and all punts and kickoffs.So had more yards really than last year and played on a worse team.The quarterback quit after game 8 this yearand made it even tougher.With the quarterback no longer part of the equation and helping Wilkes getting the ball or faking the ball to Wilkes,Wilkes had to start playing QB.With no help at all,no other running backs,he was forced to run the QB postition from the Wildcat.Every play was run left,right or up the middle,with the other teams defender's knowing Wilkes was going to run the ball.Wilkes went out those last 2 games and put up close to 200 yards against Union City who probaly didnt allow a hunderd yard rusher all year and in the last game against Humboldt,rushed for 303 yards against Humboldt.and completed 4 of 7 passes and had 7 tackles on defense.But no matters,congrats to all the candidates

Dang bro. You got carried away lol

Thanks for the stats. I was looking for Wilkes and Winn's offensive stats. Also is Wilkes a SR?

Do the two who don't make the final two.not get a plaque? When there was three finalists one got the trophy and the other got plaque.

Winner gets the trophy. 2nd place gets a plaque. 3rd and 4th get a certificate of some sort.

Need more ppl on here saying CONGRATS to these young men and showing some love. What an amazing honor for these boys!

I think Wilkes has the best numbers for the 1A back but unfortunately his team went 5-5 and if it's anything like the Heisman in College then he wouldn't receive the Trophy. Winn and Rice have similar stats last time I seen DWs #s. Great thing about those two is they will be back again next season! Also the kid from CA is very fun to watch & will give the East Bracket a fit. His teammate is on the list for Kicker of the Yr. So good for them.

Go Preston, atta way!!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Wilkes is a senior.

Thanks. I contacted the Lake County Falcons Facebook page around noon about obtaining some stats for him but they never replied back.

EDIT. The page replied back. Now waiting on the Dresden Football page to get back to me.

Does anybody got Winn's #s?

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Thanks. I contacted the Lake County Falcons Facebook page around noon about obtaining some stats for him but they never replied back.

EDIT. The page replied back. Now waiting on the Dresden Football page to get back to me.

This is what I found from the Jackson Sun Newspaper website on Dresser's #

Winn put up impressive numbers through the season, passing for 2,074 yards and 32 touchdowns with five interceptions and rushing for 418 yards while leading the Lions to a 9-1 record.

Winner gets the trophy. 2nd place gets a plaque. 3rd and 4th get a certificate of some sort.

Need more ppl on here saying CONGRATS to these young men and showing some love. What an amazing honor for these boys!

I think Wilkes has the best numbers for the 1A back but unfortunately his team went 5-5 and if it's anything like the Heisman in College then he wouldn't receive the Trophy. Winn and Rice have similar stats last time I seen DWs #s. Great thing about those two is they will be back again next season! Also the kid from CA is very fun to watch & will give the East Bracket a fit. His teammate is on the list for Kicker of the Yr. So good for them.

Go Preston, atta way!!

I dont think he should be penalized for playing on a bad team.He had a better team last year.He had about 400 more yards last year but that was counting 3 playoff games.If he had 3 more playoff games this year,and got his average of 230 yards a game,would finish with 3,000 yards.So this year was even better with him being on a terrible team.Plus played against 3 of the toughest teams in the State in Union City,Dresden and Trenton.Had about 200 yards against Union CityPlus played on defense,offense ,kickoffs,punts .Put him on a Dresden,Union City,Wayne Co and no telling what he could do..Dont know if the other players also play both ways or just on offense.Wonder what Rice's numbers would have been against Trenton,Union City or Dresden.A lot of players are thought to have a great season with a 1,000 yards or averaging a 100 yards a game.Wilkes averaged 230 yards a game playing against some not so good teams in which he could have had 500 yards,Fulton co, Greenfield.Had over 200 yards at the half.But also played against Dresden,Union City and Trenton.Two of them are the number 1 and 2 teams in the state .And all the while ,everyone knew he was Lake Co's only weapon and still had trouble.Plus not counting his receiving yardage and probably had 200 passing yardsLike Horse from Huntingdon said,Wilkes is the best back.But will he be penalized because of where he lives and the team he happened to play for this year.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake co Falcon has Wilkes stats as that is what he does.But I gave you his numbers as far as yards and touchdowns.He would know more,about punt returns,kickoff returns,passing yardage and receiving yardage

Go Preston, atta way!!

wikes going 5 & 5 at. lake co is more impressive than rice and winn winning 9 & 10 games at their schools.put rice or winn on lake co team nobody never knows who they are.

I was getting ready to get back on and say the same thing.With Lake Co only having about 23 players and really no other running backs or stud receivers,if these guys were playing at Lake Co,they wouldnt have the passing yards as they do now.What Wilkes has done has been impressive.I've seen Winn and he is a great athlete as well but he has a lot of help.But no matter ,congrats to all the players.But I do know :if no Wilkes at Lake Co,the only game they would have won would had been Fulton co.Definitely wouldnt havent beaten West Carrol,and Humboldt who he rushed for 303 yards against and had to score at the end of the game to win.The last two games were all basically on just Wilkes.Quarterback just quti Thursday and the next night or 9th game,in comes Union City.Wilkes rushes for close to 200 yards.With no quarterback or other running backs.Wilkes ran from the Wildcat,touching the ball every play and Union City knowing he was left,right or up the middle.Occassionally he threw a pass or gave it to someone on an end around.Didnt play the last 8 minutes of the game.Same against Humboldt.He had 303 rushing yards.Didnt realize it at the time but was listening to a Humboldt guy that calls in about Humboldt every week to the radio station.Said Wilkes was just so quick and out of all the  plays Lake Co ran,only 6 attempts went to other players.Wilkes ran the plays,all by himself ,other than 6 playsHeard a black lady saying to a guy at the gate as we were leaving after the Humboldt game.She said ,"A 1 man team"Maybe she didnt know that the quarterback had quit the previous week and also a receiver about 4 weeks ago,to concentrate on basketball..Wilkes is a special player.

Edited by mrbigster