Rhea Co. @ Farragut

EaglePride1

Are you kidding me?

I'm the "Farragut radio guy" and in all my years covering a number of schools I've never, and will never, call an upcoming opponent "not impressive." In fact we gushed over Coach Pemberton's success, how well Rhea runs his system, and how sound and well prepared the team appears on film (always in position, balanced, etc.). I don't know if you somehow misunderstood a comment, heard what you wanted to hear, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of your team and your community. We probably spent 10 minutes in the postgame show talking up Rhea County both to the Farragut players we interviewed and on our own during a brief preview of next week's game. Trying here to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I know what was said and know too how sincerely it was stated, as off the air while breaking down equipment we were still commenting on how Farragut will have to bring its A game next week.

As for Rebel Woman, if she's knows the "source", I guess I should say thanks for tuning in regularly, because I don't believe she knows me personally.

And to all the Rhea County folks, you are so blessed to have one of the finest men I know working with your football and basketball players. I love Pete Billingsley and look forward to being able to catch up with him if only for a few minutes next Friday.

I'm sure Rhea will bring a big crowd for next week's game. Safe travels.

I don't know you personally sir. To my knowledge we've never met. I didn't mean to insult you. I was inferring that if the Farragut "radio guy" said that, one should take into consideration its from next weeks opponent.

Are you kidding me?

I'm the "Farragut radio guy" and in all my years covering a number of schools I've never, and will never, call an upcoming opponent "not impressive." In fact we gushed over Coach Pemberton's success, how well Rhea runs his system, and how sound and well prepared the team appears on film (always in position, balanced, etc.). I don't know if you somehow misunderstood a comment, heard what you wanted to hear, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of your team and your community. We probably spent 10 minutes in the postgame show talking up Rhea County both to the Farragut players we interviewed and on our own during a brief preview of next week's game. Trying here to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I know what was said and know too how sincerely it was stated, as off the air while breaking down equipment we were still commenting on how Farragut will have to bring its A game next week.

As for Rebel Woman, if she's knows the "source", I guess I should say thanks for tuning in regularly, because I don't believe she knows me personally. 

And to all the Rhea County folks, you are so blessed to have one of the finest men I know working with your football and basketball players. I love Pete Billingsley and look forward to being able to catch up with him if only for a few minutes next Friday.

I actually mentioned you the other night at our Game , I'm not a Fan of Farragut but I will admit you do a great job on the Radio , every time I've heard you I've been impressed . Very Professional and no Doubt one of the better High School Radio announcer's around . 

Are you kidding me?

I'm the "Farragut radio guy" and in all my years covering a number of schools I've never, and will never, call an upcoming opponent "not impressive." In fact we gushed over Coach Pemberton's success, how well Rhea runs his system, and how sound and well prepared the team appears on film (always in position, balanced, etc.). I don't know if you somehow misunderstood a comment, heard what you wanted to hear, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of your team and your community. We probably spent 10 minutes in the postgame show talking up Rhea County both to the Farragut players we interviewed and on our own during a brief preview of next week's game. Trying here to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I know what was said and know too how sincerely it was stated, as off the air while breaking down equipment we were still commenting on how Farragut will have to bring its A game next week.

As for Rebel Woman, if she's knows the "source", I guess I should say thanks for tuning in regularly, because I don't believe she knows me personally. 

Maybe you were not the radio guy last night - but I heard the "not impressive" and "not impressed" comments directed at Rhea County too.   They were said.

From what I watched, Farragut appears to be a really good team.  

Cleveland is young - they will be back soon.

As for this game - the Eagles have been playing incredible defense, improving each week and have shut down some really good offenses.  Everyone seems to focus on the wingt - but this team has picked up defensively as the year has progressed.  

How many can the visitor's side seat - it looked rather small.  Wondering how early I need to arrive to get a seat. 

As for this game - the Eagles have been playing incredible defense, improving each week and have shut down some really good offenses. Everyone seems to focus on the wingt - but this team has picked up defensively as the year has progressed.

How many can the visitor's side seat - it looked rather small. Wondering how early I need to arrive to get a seat.

just sit on the home side, plenty of extra room Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

I think this is going to a good one. Rhea can physically match Farragut and surprisingly I think Rhea might be faster than Farragut, which is unusual to say. Cleveland put up a good fight for alittle while they are just too young and didn't have the depth to stay with Farragut. Farragut has a good kicker, I'm impressed with the future UTC Moc Cole Strange. Farragut's defense overall is pretty stout.

I’ll tell you, Barney, as a longtime high school sports enthusiast I do typically read a few times a week but couldn’t say if others in similar positions do. I don’t post often and probably shouldn’t have in this instance.

Thank you, Rebel Woman, for clarifying (and I’m sorry if I read into something that wasn’t there – though I guess that means we have one less listener) and thanks also, Pep Vol, for your comment.

Make no mistake, in what little I have seen of the Eagles, I am very impressed with Rhea.

The playback is available on Livestream. If someone can find where Rhea was (in full context) slighted, I’ll be glad to own it. But being confident in what was actually uttered and, furthermore, knowing with certainty what was intended, I can assure you it’s a fruitless search. Having said that: search on, thank you for listening, please continue to tune in, best wishes to the team you support, and being an important game day . . . Go Vols!

Edited by ErikG