Union City hosts Peabody. Can the Tornadoes Slow the Tide's Roll?

BigSwo

First off, I want to say how proud I am of the Union City Golden Tornado football team...What a run !!!...38 games...It's tough to lose anytime byt especially in the playoffs...

I waited until today to post because immediately after the I got home from work Friday night I started hearing about the antics of some of the players in Peabody's team in the visitor's locker room...I wanted to make sure what I was hearing was true before I went off on a rant that was unwarranted and then would have to backtrack and apologize...Since, I have found out what I had been hearing was true...Since I have found out that Trenton's head coach has sent a letter of apology to our school and our head football coach Darren Bowling...So now I wonder if TP's head coach will have the backbone to suspend the players involved...These players are in still pictures and also videos...It won't be hard to tell who they are...This has been going on the last two years on this football team and the coaches are allowing their need to win over shadow the need to instill discipline on a group of players that should not be a part of a proud football program such as Trenton Peabody High School...

GO TORNADOES !!!...WE WILL BE BACK !!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I want to say how proud I am of the Union City Golden Tornado football team...What a run !!!...38 games...It's tough to lose anytime byt especially in the playoffs...

I waited until today to post because immediately after the I got home from work Friday night I started hearing about the antics of some of the players in Peabody's team in the visitor's locker room...I wanted to make sure what I was hearing was true before I went off on a rant that was unwarranted and then would have to backtrack and apologize...Since, I have found out what I had been hearing was true...Since I have found out that Trenton's head coach has sent a letter of apology to our school and our head football coach Darren Bowling...So now I wonder if TP's head coach will have the backbone to suspend the players involved...These players are in still pictures and also videos...It won't be hard to tell who they are...This has been going on the last two years on this football team and the coaches are allowing their need to win over shadow the need to instill discipline on a group of players that should not be a part of a proud football program such as Trenton Peabody High School...

P & G, it will be interesting to see what is more important this Friday night!

P & G, it will be interesting to see what is more important this Friday night!

This comment has nothing to do with the football aspect of Friday night, so read on past if you like...

I would venture to say that suspending these boys for Friday night will do very little toward getting them on the straight and narrow.  After acting the way they did last week, I wouldn't expect their attitude to get adjusted by suspending them for this game.  Not saying they shouldn't be suspended, I just wouldn't expect them to become choir boys because of it.  And isn't it the kids we are concerned about?  And it sounds like Peabody doesn't stand a chance in Hades to win this game without 1 of them.  He'll be playing.

sounds like the inmates are running the asylum at Peabody....star qb cusses out a teacher and gets "punished" and moved to wide out for 2 games?? ....players act like thugs in the locker room after the UC game and the coach and principal "apologize" and everything is OK?...

Huge wins in years past have not created this type of behavior.  I remember a few years back when Peabody beat Milan in the playoffs and nobody did anything like this in the locker room after the game.  The kids won with class.  We as a town were proud of them.  These kids, not so much, not all of them, mostly the one or ones that draw negative attention to themselves.  They just happen to be the ones that are so called the face of the program right now.  SAD!  I sure do miss last years senior leadership.

Very confuse Tide fan!U.C. Athletic director said there was no damage once so ever done to the locker room!!!He said this to the Jackson sun,so why is this still a issue!?

This reasoning is the perfect example of why these kids behave the way they do. If you are a guest you should act in a responsible & respectful manner. But, with your logic of "as long as there was no damage" to explain away a punishable offense is absurd. It is a sad state in society when we begin to excuse inappropriate behavior. 

UC is probably higher in enrollment by a couple of students. UC has stayed 2 students below the cut off the past 3 re-classifications.  That said, UC has had one of the best runs in 1a and Class A history.

does Obion County have "open zone"?.....there's a radio announcer that calls UC the "Union City Area" team....and I believe Trousdale Co. had a better impressive run....

Edited by cofo