William Blount football 2016

Governm

Strongx LOD, The fuel thingThat I have mentioned is not in relation to personal gas, but fuel for the buses  for the football team 3 games a week. Varsity at home meant 2 buses traveling . Or 3 if varsity was traveling .  Buses, fuel drivers are the expense of the program not the school. I do know that the boosters also paid for the bus and fuel for a number of away games so that the student section as well as the band cold make a couple of those trips. LOD you are spot on if it was for his personal or any other coach they gotta report it as income. But for giggles take the 35 that was not fuel and spread that out over 8-10 coaches for the year 3500 each divided by a couple years per coach... not like it was a ton... but you still gotta report it... Granted I think they have some issues tax wise... but No one single coach got it all... and from what has been said there are receipts that match up to all the expenses on the fuel. I believe there will be some explanations in the near future and alot of this woill be put to bed... but that  is my gut instinct from what I have heard. 

I just noticed that it has been exactly a month since all this stuff hit the media. It's also been a month since the report was handed over to the DA and nothing has been said since then. This whole mess has been discussed over and over again,and it is getting old. We are in spring practice now. I would rather talk about that.

Fair enough Blaze. My main question is for the guys in LA and the school board. Was all this brought out during the interview?

But blaze, let me ask this: why did he leave if everything was proper. I don't understand why a good coach and leader like him would get railroaded? But I guess funnier things have happened.

The story that came from within the school board was that one current board members had a real beef with Coach Shad from his days Coaching Smyrna. As I understand it, it was not the board itself that opened the investigation with the Sheriffs office or the Comptrollers office but rather at the continued push from this elected official

Think about this,  it is a 501c-3  organization made up 100 percent of parents and volunteers All monies that were raised, collected and or donated came from the efforts of those folks. Why then wasn't there a meeting with the parents early on when they all gathered asking for information as to the allegations.Not once did they address the organization as to what they feared was wrong. The investigation lasted with the attorney for the school and the board for quite some time and not one once addressed the concern. Remember it is a club of parents who want what is best for the kids.They would want to know if this money was not being handled properly, heck they raised it.Guess how many meetings were ever held to talk the boosters before or since None!

He didn't just walk away... he was told he resigned or was fired and he could pick which it would be. I have been in his corner from the get go... because i believe he is a good coach, with the right heart and cares about his kids.... I would go to bat for the English teacher, janitor or principal of a school as well if I believed they had that positive of an impact and lead with God in their heart. It is hard enough to find good teachers, but if you have exceptional people in your circle , you fight to keep them and stand with them long after the battle.We have since moved on with our program, and are extremely blessed to have Coach David Watson and staff.. I will continue to believe that while there is some truth to what has been reported , it was not very accurate and greatly exaggerated with only partial information being shared. 

Edited by Blaze45

That's good info B45. It's a shame you guys lost a good role model for the young men because of one school board member. If he/she is elected, you guys shoulder remember it when election time rolls around.

G91, I've wondered the same thing over the past month. I think the statement from the supt's office said they were gonna look into the report. Do you think they will issue another statement of support or simply remain quiet?

Edited by strongx

Like i've said before,

When they hired him they said they talked to the former principal at Blackman, the current principal of Blackman, and other people who knew him in Murfreesboro. They hired him in good faith and everyone seems to be happy with him. It's been a month since the school board "investigated" matters and nothing else has been said. As they say... No news is good news.

That's good info B45. It's a shame you guys lost a good role model for the young men because of one school board member. If he/she is elected, you guys shoulder remember it when election time rolls around.

G91, I've wondered the same thing over the past month. I think the statement from the supt's office said they were gonna look into the report. Do you think they will issue another statement of support or simply remain quiet?

Like Shad told his players when this all happened. "God has a perfect plan." I figure he got our program moving in a great direction and God saw a need for him to be where he is today. I am proud of our current bunch of coaches , but I continue to root for WB and Shad, because I want to see good things happen over there, both for him and the team.  

Edited by Blaze45

I really like how Shad relates to the team. He is very animated and you can tell he likes doing what he does. He is very encouraging and nice too, but at the same time he pushes the players hard. I also like that he has his family with him at practice. I think that sets a good example for the team. He also says a lot of funny things and calls his wife coach lol.