Springfield Yellow Jackets (8-3) vs Kenwood Knights (8-3)

TheCommissioner

Springfield Yellow Jackets (8-3) vs Kenwood Knights (8-3) in the second round of the playoffs.  The Jackets won the regular season game between these two former district foes.  Both teams have explosive speed at the skill positions with players who are capable of going the distance on any play.  The Jackets had a relative easy win against Hillwood in the first round.  Kenwood a closer game against the Portland Panthers.  Any thoughts on this one?  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been beaten by both, saw both games from the side lines. I will go with Springfield. Springfield just has more weapons. Though, that #3 for Kenwood, is one of the best backs Ive seen. I havent see us play a rb that was that hard to tackle since we played Beech and Hurd. Our kids never gave up, hate to see this group of Senior graduate. Including my son #27. So proud of him, how many kids get to score a TD on their last play? We played the entire season without a kicker. Gotta give credit to our #62, not many lineman can step in and do kick offs. Our punter had never punted till this year, and a lot of the seniors changed positions their senior year, just to be able to fill other gaps with younger players. Even though we only won 4 games. At least this senior class showed the younger group how to play as brothers. That they all make mistakes, no one individual cost you the game, you just pick each other up, and give your best. If it works out, I honestly think Sfield and PC will meet up. I dont know how PC did tonight yet, though. Really good game tonight, and a fitting way to end their season. No shame at all in the game tonight. They fought till the clock ran out.......hope the young man hurt on the last play will be ok. He took a pretty good hit to his legs. 

I hope the Jackets come out firing on all cylinders and not on cruise control because of the lopsided victory in the first meeting with Kenwood. Somehow I don't see the Wilson boys letting that happen though.

Anyone know the status of Bigbee...didn't look good.

Edited by DANR

Having been beaten by both, saw both games from the side lines. I will go with Springfield. Springfield just has more weapons. Though, that #3 for Kenwood, is one of the best backs Ive seen. I havent see us play a rb that was that hard to tackle since we played Beech and Hurd. Our kids never gave up, hate to see this group of Senior graduate. Including my son #27. So proud of him, how many kids get to score a TD on their last play? We played the entire season without a kicker. Gotta give credit to our #62, not many lineman can step in and do kick offs. Our punter had never punted till this year, and a lot of the seniors changed positions their senior year, just to be able to fill other gaps with younger players. Even though we only won 4 games. At least this senior class showed the younger group how to play as brothers. That they all make mistakes, no one individual cost you the game, you just pick each other up, and give your best. If it works out, I honestly think Sfield and PC will meet up. I dont know how PC did tonight yet, though. Really good game tonight, and a fitting way to end their season. No shame at all in the game tonight. They fought till the clock ran out.......hope the young man hurt on the last play will be ok. He took a pretty good hit to his legs. 

Portland will rebuild and be a force once again.  I truly enjoy being in the region with the community based schools in our area.  I think it the main reason is because I know people in these towns (Portland, White House, Macon County) and that makes it more fun.  we will pray for the injured player.  

Portland will rebuild and be a force once again.  I truly enjoy being in the region with the community based schools in our area.  I think it the main reason is because I know people in these towns (Portland, White House, Macon County) and that makes it more fun.  we will pray for the injured player.  

I agree, just wished Greenbrier had been able to move up to ours. Throw all the "northern" towns in the same region, makes for some great Friday nights. Just wished they had done the same thing for baseball. But we will play yall this Spring, always love coming there to play. The new coach, I watched that kid grow up with his dad showing me photos at work lol . Weve been in Portland over 10 years, and it always seems like the kids we know the most are Portland, Greenbrier, Westmoreland, Macon County, Springfield. Must be cause of Dixie and the PYFL football league our kids played in growing up. The player that got hurt I think was the qb, they were in victory formation with 40 sec or so less, on their own 20ish yard line. For what ever reason, he would take the knee all the way to the ground, and held the ball up, the second time our players came. Ball came loose and the poor kid got hurt and they let the clock run out. From talking with my son, he always gives me a report lol on the type of players the other teams are in how they played. He said they were great, in fact up until the last 30 seconds, each team was picking up each others players and patting on the head. Take out the last 30 seconds and it was really a great football game. I just think Sfield has more athletes, and better speed. My son tackled #3 several times, and got ran over by him several times lol and he said he had the most powerful legs of any rb he has faced this season. Wishing yall well, and see ya in the Spring. 

I hope the Jackets come out firing on all cylinders and not on cruise control because of the lopsided victory in the first meeting with Kenwood. Somehow I don't see the Wilson boys letting that happen though.

Anyone know the status of Bigbee...didn't look good.

From what I heard after the game, Bigbee is ok. It was a coaches decision to pull him along with the rest of the starters. He got pulled a little earlier after he was hit and appeared to be injured. I talked to him after the game and he was ok and said he was good to go for Kenwood. Edited by JacketLover