Union City Coach Darren Bowling

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The areas that do not receive coverage from the JS are the ones that have a daily competing  newspaper. That is the main reason they do not give much coverage to Obion, Dyer & Henry counties.

We finally have a winner.  I would also add that the papers in those counties don't exactly cover the teams in Jackson either, unless one of the schools they cover is playing them.

We finally have a winner.  I would also add that the papers in those counties don't exactly cover the teams in Jackson either, unless one of the schools they cover is playing them.

UC paper doesn't make an all WEST TN dandy dozen or regional coverage type of persona.  UC  paper covers NW TN (hence it's website).  Each NW TN not in Obion County still gets a summary of the game with important stats.  Our paper does an excellent job of covering local sports and events. Just expect better out of a big city paper.   

UC paper doesn't make an all WEST TN dandy dozen or regional coverage type of persona.  UC  paper covers NW TN (hence it's website).  Each NW TN not in Obion County still gets a summary of the game with important stats.  Our paper does an excellent job of covering local sports and events. Just expect better out of a big city paper.   

Been like that for years.Union City,Lake Co ,none of us are in their area but yet they sell papers here.Or at least use to.I think maybe Dyersburg has them but I'm not sure Dyer co is even listed .Seems like in years past ,their basketball team with hubbs wasnt listed.Same with UC and Lake Co in basketball in years past.Both have won thestate and were listed in all the state polls but yet wernt ever in the Dandy Dozen.I use to buy a Jackson Sun everyday but dont anymore. 

Brandon I wish you would sell papers in Vero Beach Florida!! I have a hard time keeping up here. lol I do enjoy the Jackson Sun Website. Free Agent keep up the good work I listen to your show often.

Thank you sir. I enjoy what I do. Appreciate you listening. Have you guys read the Peabody Coaches public apology for his kids yet?

Check out Jackson Sun website

Good friends with Coach Bowling (actually hung out with him some prior to your title game last season).   I also consider Brandon a friend as well, so  I won't put him in an awkward situation while he's a guest on my show.  I hope you understand.  I'd suggest contacting him via their email contact on their website and tell him what you just told me.  Never hurts to ask.

He answered my email a few months ago.  His response is that Obion County is not in their coverage area.  Hogwash!!