Catholic @ Greeneville

DevilMan03

thank you sir, but i must defend the Greenies in the visitors section too....i feel as though those guys have been grossly slandered in coacht. but hey, we're all entitled to our thoughts and opinions. I would encourage all catholic fans who are coming to try talking football with anyone wearing DEVIL greene on the visitors side....my guess is you will find the conversations just fine and hassle free

Sorry BV .. I should not have said Alot ... Im speaking from past experience ... back in 2010 or 2011 ... about 5 or 6 Devil fans right behind us were just really awful ... cop did come up and told them to tone it down .. to root but quit insults ... but those are everywhere I guess but these guys were there for 1 reason ... so I was just warning Q to just ignore .... cause they were definately trying to excite trouble and followed us to parking lot down hill .. problem was 1 of the guys didnt know my buddy was a former boxer ..  the devil fan took a swing  .. and wasnt the thing to do .. anyway .. hope all stay calm ..enjoy HS football ..its the best .. wish the Falcons were  still there to enjoy .. BV - you guys let us down last year and we let you guys down this year as far as keeping rivalry going .. maybe next year !! Good Luck all !!   

The Greeneville fans that sit on the vistor's side are just fine 90% of the time. Reason is, they win 90% of the time. To TadVols point, things tend to get hairy, and can even escalate to insults and threats, when things are not going their way. I think the Catholic fans could see some ugliness Friday night, as I see Catholic winning by a couple of touchdowns.

Edited by Stokley77

Wishing Catholic luck from the Pirates of Belfry, KY!

FWIW, Belfry is playing for a Region Title and currently is 11-1. Their lone loss to the #1 overall team in WV. Belfry followed up their win against Catholic by also beating the team ranked #1 in KY 4A 41-0 in the regular season finale.

Would love to see Catholic win it all in TN 4A

Edited by ATLCat

The Greeneville fans that sit on the vistor's side are just fine 90% of the time. Reason is, they win 90% of the time. To TadVols point, things tend to get hairy, and can even escalate to insults and threats, when things are not going their way. I think the Catholic fans could see some ugliness Friday night, as I see Catholic winning by a couple of touchdowns.

the only time fulton has played at the Devils Den they lost (BAD). If that's what you are referring to stokley77.

I was referring to the Scott Co. game back in '11, not any Fulton game. I just don't understand the intent of a few home fans sitting on the visitor's side. Sorry if I'm a throwback, but it seems to set the tone (purposefully IMO) for a hostile environment, it is aggressive, and is quite classless. There is a reason there is a home side, and a visitor's side. These "going against the grain" fans are either gloating in victory, or trying to stir up the opposition in defeat, or near defeat, for each home game. Again, the former being the dominant response. The Greeneville fan base needs to to step up and dissuade this practice in the name of sportsmanship in my very humble opinion, and let the fans sit where it is intended.

• Upvote 1