3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

I do believe someone called that shot earlier this week and started the whole last charge of the fighting Wenniedogs too! Haha I think a certain few of that pack need to fire up the grill for some fine crow steak too!

Maybe you missed my post congratulating the players and fans from Alcoa on a tremendous game, and tremendous team.

As far as this obsession with tapping out, you must have a different definition than most people. Tapping out means quitting or asking your opponent, "no mas" (Roberto Duran style). Concussions are an unfortunate part of the game. I take no pleasure in any kid getting a concussion, whatever color uniform he wears. If being required to leave a game due to concussion after giving it your all is "tapping out" then I guess you think the CAK QB tapped out too.

I intentionally watched #31 a great deal tonight (I have no affiliation with him whatsoever) and all I saw was a kid who was giving it his all on every play, offense or defense. No dirty plays, just playing as hard as he could play the game. And in fact, after the game I saw a lot of genuine embrace from Alcoa players to 31 and from 31 to Alcoa players.

Whatever your deal is with him, he has played his last game in HS. Perhaps that will help you let it go. Personally, I pull for ALL of our local kids who get a chance to play at the next level, whether they play at UT, UK, Carson-Newman, or where ever.

Maybe you missed my post congratulating the players and fans from Alcoa on a tremendous game, and tremendous team.

As far as this obsession with tapping out, you must have a different definition than most people. Tapping out means quitting or asking your opponent, "no mas" (Roberto Duran style). Concussions are an unfortunate part of the game. I take no pleasure in any kid getting a concussion, whatever color uniform he wears. If being required to leave a game due to concussion after giving it your all is "tapping out" then I guess you think the CAK QB tapped out too.

I intentionally watched #31 a great deal tonight (I have no affiliation with him whatsoever) and all I saw was a kid who was giving it his all on every play, offense or defense. No dirty plays, just playing as hard as he could play the game. And in fact, after the game I saw a lot of genuine embrace from Alcoa players to 31 and from 31 to Alcoa players.

Whatever your deal is with him, he has played his last game in HS. Perhaps that will help you let it go. Personally, I pull for ALL of our local kids who get a chance to play at the next level, whether they play at UT, UK, Carson-Newman, or where ever.

Looked like #31 was okay after watching him well after the game was over.....Best of luck to him! ðŸ‘

He did play probably the cleanest game of his high school career and no I didn't see the post on his .... Possible ... Injury . I was worried from day one about him seriously injuring my player or anyone on the field . Someone stepped in and did the right thing on the CAK staff! Glad to see him go and best of luck to him and his family.

Congrats to CAK on a good season!

Was surprised at this score. Having seen both CPA and CAK it makes me wonder about Alcoa. CPAs speed and talent would have been a very big mismatch against CAK. If Aloca and CPA stay on the same paths it could be another good championship game.

This is an Alcoa team on another level like 2009 and 2010. Far different from teams 2011 -2014. Did not score enough? How about pulling starters and playing a freshman QB in a 3rd round playoff game. It's about saving players for the run to the championship. Something a sissy soccer mom from DCA knows nothing about.

This is an Alcoa team on another level like 2009 and 2010. Far different from teams 2011 -2014. Did not score enough? How about pulling starters and playing a freshman QB in a 3rd round playoff game. It's about saving players for the run to the championship. Something a sissy soccer mom from DCA knows nothing about.

You crack me up 17. Plenty of gold ship trophies at my school. Lol Just win your next one and get a chance to back up all your talk.

It should be a great game to watch.