Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

I hear that CA has a good run defense but not so good past defense. Did SP try to throw on them last night or did they just try to run into there strength? I haven't got to watch the film yet.

South Pittsburg had some success running the football. We scored 28 point and none of them were gimme points or garbage time points. The C.A. defense is pretty good, but the offense is really good.

I hear that CA has a good run defense but not so good past defense. Did SP try to throw on them last night or did they just try to run into there strength? I haven't got to watch the film yet.

yes, at times to keep CA honest and then again when we realized they were pulling away but they cover receivers well and their safeties get over there quick to assist and even if the catch is made the receiver is wrapped up quick. They wrap up , not many missed tackles...The short passes ain't going anywhere. Throw deep, if you have time. QB will be rushed. Edited by pegleg

agree wholeheartedly! Hard for neighborhood kids to compete against scholarship recruits.

Yep and it greatly affects 1a/2a the bulk of small rural schools can't compete on a consistent basis. Talent only cycles through every 7/8 years(on average).

I'm not gonna start the argument all over again. It's a no brainer. Private teams are a collection of quality kids. Good athletes with good parents that support them. Public schools take all of society's kids. Not just the top tier that can afford a private school. The support structure and work ethic make a huge difference along with the fact that privy's can pay a big $ coach. The advantages go on and on

• Upvote 1

Yep and it greatly affects 1a/2a the bulk of small rural schools can't compete on a consistent basis. Talent only cycles through every 7/8 years(on average).

I'm not gonna start the argument all over again. It's a no brainer. Private teams are a collection of quality kids. Good athletes with good parents that support them. Public schools take all of society's kids. Not just the top tier that can afford a private school. The support structure and work ethic make a huge difference along with the fact that privy's can pay a big $ coach. The advantages go on and on

+1

Greenback will not be able to stop CA this week, especially without their best lineman. Not saying this will be a super easy game for CA, but it will definetly be CA coming out with the W in the end.

C.A. should be the team to beat. Greenback is a very small, rural community with a school of around 200 kids. C.A. has the ability to pull kids from a much larger area. No doubt about it that C.A. is the favorite. Tell us something we don't know. LMBO if Greenback wants to win this game they will have to put up more than 35 because C.A. will score 35 or more. Edited by TheAmbassador

C.A. should be the team to beat. Greenback is a very small, rural community with a school of around 200 kids. C.A. has the ability to pull kids from a much larger area. No doubt about it that C.A. is the favorite. Tell us something we don't know. LMBO if Greenback wants to win this game they will have to put up more than 35 because C.A. will score 35 or more.

If CA's defense plays this Friday like they did in the second half last night, Greenback will have no shot at winning this game.

Edited by TNFootballFan123

If CA's defense plays this Friday like they did in the second half last night, Greenback will have no shot at winning this game.

If you want to debate football with me that's fine, but you're in for a fight. Again, I said that Columbia Academy should win this game. I will say this right now. If Peabody wins on Friday night and C.A. takes care of business. They will score 40 points on that Columbia Academy defense second half or not. Edited by TheAmbassador