Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

agree wholeheartedly! Hard for neighborhood kids to compete against scholarship recruits.

I'll say this . I'm 20 years old from Lewis County but played at CA from 2010-2013. I started both ways my freshmen year until the end and they never paid a dime of tuition money. I worked my tail off for it I balanced 2 jobs and school and football and they never even offered because they do things the right way. I know the kids and the parents of this years team there's a few privileged but for the most part the parents work very hard and sacfrice a lot for the kids to go to school there. I'm not trying to sound whiny because playing in public school football I had tremendous amount of respect for the schools we played. I loved getting the chance to play Wayne County every year and the chance I had to come play SP in 2012 I have nothing but admiration of small school football I really do. But by no means does that school recruit. The staff and administration and coaches are some of the nicest smaller town kindest people I ever met and I'm from Hohenwald. Can't wait to Come experience this game at GB hope everyone stays safe.

Edited by TheManInBlack

I'll say this . I'm 20 years old from Lewis County but played at CA from 2010-2013. I started both ways my freshmen year until the end and they never paid a dime of tuition money. I worked my tail off for it I balanced 2 jobs and school and football and they never even offered because they do things the right way. I know the kids and the parents of this years team there's a few privileged but for the most part the parents work very hard and sacfrice a lot for the kids to go to school there. I'm not trying to sound whiny because playing in public school football I had tremendous amount of respect for the schools we played. I loved getting the chance to play Wayne County every year and the chance I had to come play SP in 2012 I have nothing but admiration of small school football I really do. But by no means does that school recruit. The staff and administration and coaches are some of the nicest smaller town kindest people I ever met and I'm from Hohenwald. Can't wait to Come experience this game at GB hope everyone stays safe.

+1

Good post.We hope we can give you all an interesting game!

GCAPride if you want the name(s) of our recruiting coordinators I would have to share the names of many a grandpa and Dad that played at Greenback! There are many 3rd generation players on the squad. About 16 of the 46 have dads or grandpas or both who were Mighty CHEROKEES. Most of the remaining have went here since K. There is a lot of tradition here.

Peabody is wild and undisciplined at times it seems. Assuming they make it, they better not mess around with either of these teams.

PHS is in no way un disciplined on the field,matter of fact the Tide doesnt get rattled at all!Do we jaw and jaw a lil more oh yeah!!!!Discipline or should I say wear with all look at PHS Down at half to 2 Dresden and dug in and oh we dont get alot of penalties!!

GCAPride if you want the name(s) of our recruiting coordinators I would have to share the names of many a grandpa and Dad that played at Greenback! There are many 3rd generation players on the squad. About 16 of the 46 have dads or grandpas or both who were Mighty CHEROKEES. Most of the remaining have went here since K. There is a lot of tradition here.

Now, now Lady....I know all about GB and the tradition, going back to the 70's (my earliest memory of GB). But I know yall have a good recruiting coordinator in place now. I know, because yall are kicking our butts on getting these blue chippers down there. Thought we were supposed to be the king of that around here, lol. Hope I get the chance to meet you Friday night.